Mon, Sep 9, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Michael's Changing Armor

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 3:46 PM ยท edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 5:13 PM

I was working with Michael 2 and Anton's Changing Armor. I put the armor (both the clothes and the helmet, etc.) on Michael and comformed it to him. I wanted to move the hand and the shield and turn them both into a position suited for the scene I had in mind. (Like a defense against an assault from overhead.) Anyway, when I move the hand, the shield stays where it was. I tried moving the shield, but then the had stays where it was. I thought "I'll position the hand and then translate the shield into position. But once the hand is moved, and I tried to dial the shield down into position, the hand would move down with it, keeping the distance the same between them. So what's the trick? Thanks. Kevin

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 4:50 PM

For the shield... try moving the forearm. Technically... shields are strapped to the forearm since holding up a 15-30 lb shield would quickly fatigue your hand.

Hammer2002 ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 4:50 PM

Sounds like you need to parent the shield to the shield arm, and then parent all of the armor parts to their appropriate body parts. Same thing for hair that doesn't move with the head too. If you use Ultra Salon or the like program. I hope this helps. I'm still considered a newbie myself though. But try it anyways. :p

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.