Fri, Sep 20, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Pennsic XXX

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:48 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=221605&Start=1&Sectionid=8&WhatsNew=Yes

file_17804.jpg

About every five years or so I go with a group of my stranger friends to the (Society for Creative Anachronisms) Pennsic War in Pennsylvania. This is a battle between the Middle and Eastern Kingdoms; loser gets to keep Pittsburg. This year I'll not be attending, so thought I'd post some shots from last year. It's all good fun. The people are extremely interesting, and mostly harmless.

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:49 PM

file_17805.jpg

Another,

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:50 PM

file_17806.jpg

another...

Quinn ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 9:30 PM

I was on the fencing team in collage; we never did get along to well with the SCA folks ;-} Good shots Misha, the renesance fare is coming to Maryland in the next month or so, maybe Ill take a camera this year

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 4:59 AM

Chuckle. Yeah sounds like a place I would like to hang out. I knew a guy in the SCA. He didn't have greves for his legs. Poor chap was getting brused something awful. Quinn another fencer!! What weapon? Misha the second and third pics are great expecially the second. Originally I was going to make jokes about having XXX in the subject but NOT whowing nudity or XXX sized people but since you posted these picts. I was so interested I'll let you slide! Bsteph

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 7:07 AM

Love the gallery image Misha! My favorite of these has to be the second one.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 11:52 AM

bsteph, I only got as far as the dry foil. Saber might have been fun, but the ep, with a toe hit scoring a point, was just too much. I did enjoy the tradition, and formality of the standard foil, and the fact that only a potentially lethal hit scored ;)

bevchiron ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 11:59 AM

Great job in the gallery & nice shots here too. I really like #2 here.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 4:39 PM

A lot going on here like the gallery post really gives you a feel for the scale of the event and the single isolated fighter here is good. I have been to this type of event and its hard to decide where to focus with all the excitement going on around you. :O)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2002 at 6:25 AM

Great stuff Misha...I love the way you say they are mostly harmless! LOL! ;-)>

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.