Fri, Sep 20, 5:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Snowspeeder

ashley3d ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 5:47 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 4:41 AM

file_18136.jpg

Well, I'm finally finished the snowspeeder for the Star Wars image contest. I posted a earlier version a month ago, but had to retool the whole thing because of design flaws. Here is a simple tip to help you save hugh amounts of time. Research, research and research.

BakeLite ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 6:27 PM

Looks right out of a movie.

Julian_Boolean ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 7:07 PM

Sweeeeet. Nice paint, too. Which modeler did you use most? I'm thinking vertex. By the way, you didn't use the AMF plastic model kit for reference did you? The pilots in that kit had super-stubby legs and looooong arms (as if the rebels had been recruiting from the planet of the apes). Great work. Hope you do well in the contest. Jim Z. a.k.a. Julian Boolean

ashley3d ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 7:37 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I modeled it from three different source books. "The Star Wars Archieves" "Art of Star Wars" and "Ther Essential Guide to Vehicles". There are as far as I can tell three different Snowspeeder models used during shooting and none were alike. The paint job is based off the Action Fleet toy. Currently I'm working the AT-AT and there are two different versions to. The difference is in the lower legs. --Ashley3D

PAGZone ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 7:51 PM

Very Nice Image indeed. I too am curious as to which modeller you used? All I can say is WOW! Paul

ashley3d ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 9:17 PM

Okay, it was all done with Spline modeling using Boolean on some pieces, like the cockpit. The vertex model and I always have problems. --Ashley3D

sittingblue ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 10:30 PM

You really did a fabulous job!

Charles

Routledge ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2002 at 7:14 AM

The model looks fantastic ! The background could perhaps be motion-blurred to suggest speed, I assume these fly supersonic. Great work.

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2002 at 11:23 PM

Excellent job. Star Wars is a personal fave. -Kix

-Kix

memaci ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 8:21 AM

Wow. I have been away for a while but I had to place a late comment on this image. Excellent proportions and great shaders. memaci

WeaBeast ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:27 AM

Nice speeders, they look great! The only problem I have is the straight horizontal line of the background; organic landscape backgrounds are rarely straight. Other than that, Echo Base is a go! Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.