Fri, Sep 20, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free models looking for host site

ashley3d ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 9:46 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:03 PM

Is there a Carrara/Ray site where we can post our models. I have loads of Ray's and Carrara models I've built over the years and am willing to share. I tried hosting them from my website, but my server will only allow 2gig of transfer a month. --Ashley3D

Pistola ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 3:36 PM

This site has a "free stuff" section for each program. I'm not entirely familiar with the procedure for getting them on here myself, but...

AzChip ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 4:34 PM

You have to post your models and stuff on your own site and then this site links to it; when last I looked there were several free web-hosting sites that might be able to provide you with storage space. I don't have any specific suggestions aside from doing a search on Yahoo or Google or something to find a provider. Good luck!

bluetone ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 8:23 PM

I believe that the free hosting sites don't allow you to download from links from other sites. Something to do with following the download request to another site. If they did allow it, then their ads, (the only reason they allow free web space to begin with!) wouldn't be seen and they would be out of business. By all means, give it a try, but I think you'll find frustrated people when they try to do the download.

PAGZone ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 9:17 PM

Yes quite true, most "Free" sites won't let you link directly to files, they most come from links inside the site. However this is not a big deal, you can alway provide the link to the main download page and then that download page (on your site) would link to the files. How much space are we talking here? -Paul

ashley3d ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 5:58 AM

How much space...humm...high-end models including texture maps...humm...lets say at a minimal of 1mb per model. You know, Its really a shame that Eovia hasn't thought of hosting models built with their products. --Ashley3D

bluetone ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 10:29 AM

How many models are we talking about here? 20? 50? 100? Hundreds? Dare I say... thousands?

ashley3d ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 11:12 AM

50+ different high-end model.

rpreblick ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 10:14 PM

Well, I'm a newbie to Carrara (got it a week ago - had finally had enough frustration with trueSpace) but I may be of help here... I would be happy to host the models on my site for nothing, just to help all of us Carrara folks out. I have about 400 mb yet to use. You would need to send them to me on CD (or some such thing...) so I could load them. Let me know if your interested. -Rex rex@3dDigitalDreams.com www.3dDigitalDreams.com

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 1:03 AM

You might try angelfire.com.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.