Fri, Sep 20, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser imports not rendering with 4.1

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 4:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:47 AM

Very strange problem. Using 4.1, imported Poser scenes show up in the front, top, and side views as well as the Open GL and wire frame preview, but disappear when rendered. I've double checked to make sure the renderer is set to render everything, and there's nothing funky in any of the material settings. The problem occured with every Poser scene I imported. All other file formats (3DS, OBJ, LWO) render fine.

I down-graded back to 4.06 and the problem went away.

Anyone else having this type of problem?

-SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

renderhawk ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 1:30 AM

I have the same problem and one solution is to simply move the poser import just a tad. That should work.

hein ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 5:27 PM

VUE4.1 is a def nono here as far as Poser imports are concerned, 4.06 works like a charm, 4.1+PZ3 crashes the PC every time. It's the one reason I'm not going to buy Mover4 when there's to much of a chance I'm going to run into similar problems, those $99 will be better spend towards a Poser 5 upgrade.

Djeser ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 11:28 PM

So far, I've had no problems rendering Poser imports into a Vue scene with 4.1. However, I was still having big problem with hangs and crashes, regardless of whether or not there was any kind of import in the scene, so I checked the FAQs at E-on and turned off the background drawing and OpenGL thing. Works well now. fingers and toes crossed

Sgiathalaich

hein ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 6:37 AM

I never have the OpenGL etc turned on, I work in wireframe which is faster. Poser imports work hassle free in every other VUE upgrade but this PC crashing thing is the worst bug so far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.