Wed, Sep 18, 11:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Hello everyone. Another newbie here. :)

seaayre ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 10:52 AM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

I am addicted. ::sigh:: I have been a downloading fool ever since I got this program about 5 weeks ago. I do not want to see this month's credit card bills at all. LOL I have learned more about the inner workings of my computer and the Poser file system than I ever wanted to. I have learned how to use transmaps, and mat files and all sorts of other things. But I cannot seem to deal with more than one figure in a scene. When I have more than one they won't move other than to rotate. I can't seem to get them to do anything else. :( I do not mean like figures either. It could be a Mil kid figure and a separate prop for instance. It is like they are stuck. And to heck with parenting. When they do move, anything that I have parented seems to fall apart and not be parented at all. Which tells me, I think, that I am not doing that part right. But the main problem is the moving things around in a scene where I want more than one figure. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :) Thanks! --Karen

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 11:10 AM

It sounds like your using your mouse. At the top of your canvas, you can click on other motion icons. It is better to use the dials on your right side. At the bottom of your canvas, you will see figure 1, beside it is the body parts, click on that, then body. Go to dials on right, scroll down to xyz trans. You will be able to move your figure. This will work for anything. Hope this helps an enjoy your new addiction Tashar 59

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 2:18 PM

The default tool in poser is 'rotate' and, as Karen says, it sounds like you're stuck on it. The first key I hit when I open poser is 'T', which gives me the Move tool (or translate, as CL calls it). And that's only because I prefer the shape LOL. I never use the tools, always the dials. Try switching tools (or double-clicking the tools icon, if you've accidentally closed it). mac

geralday ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: http://205.122.23.229/geralday/index.htm

***Hi, I do a lot of animating and agree with the other folks. Always select body parts using the menu or hierarchy editor and move the parts using the dials - practice is everything!******![gerald.gif](http://205.122.23.229/geralday/gerald.gif)***

seaayre ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 6:07 PM

Thanks a bunch. :) I think it was being caused by the default to rotate tool setup because I am having better luck now. I will have to pay more attention to which tool is selected. ;) Yes, practice indeed. And lots of it! If only I had more hours in the week. LOL I devote so many to Poser now that I am getting complaints from the family! :) --Karen

queri ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 7:16 PM

You sound so much like me in February, I can't believe it. I had download fever, kept me up all night-- Have No Idea where all of it is. LOLOL! But aren't you glad you now know where all that stuff goes in the libraries and such?? One question, you are adjusting the default focus on the cameras, aren't you?? Choose a camera from the drop down menu under the display go to the dials, the first dial is focal length-- over 70 pleeeeese! I usually use 105. When I first learned this, my renders improved so much, I almost fell off my chair. Now if I could just learn how to make the lights work properly. Emily Welcome to 12-step Poser

seaayre ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 10:52 AM

Thanks for the tip, Emily. :) You know, I keep finding things that I had forgotten all about installing. That is how bad it is. LOL But I am loving every minute of it. :) --Karen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.