Mon, Oct 21, 6:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: That Nudity Flag

eirian ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 4:33 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:15 PM

Seems like every month someone asks why the nudity flag isn't visible. I know - it's not meant to be. But why not? How about changing the gallery to the same system as the marketplace: with a standard thumb to replace whatever the artist has used, to indicate nudity. Would it be a big programming change? I don't know how others feel, but it would be more convenient for me.

Slynky ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:57 AM

if the nudity flag is checked when uploading the image, users who have their preferences set to not display images with nudity will not see the images in the gallery. Its not that the nudity flag isn't visible, its the picture itself that isn't visible when your preferences are set that way. If you don't wish to see nudity in the galleries, simply check off the lil'box in your prefs.

eirian ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:32 AM

Yeah, Slynky. Like I said, I know that. What I'm asking is why do it that way for the galleries, and the opposite way in the MP? Personally - and I have no idea how many would agree with me - I would prefer a visible flag, so I can decide whether or not to click on it. The current system takes away that choice - and I surf from work so I have to keep that flag checked.

Flaxynn ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 8:16 AM

You mean like instead of the image not showing up, maybe a "red flag" placeholder where the thumbnail would be allowing the title of the work and the artists name to show?? That sounds like it's do-able, huh? The programing geniouses just went into convulsive fits-"We have enough work to do- AAahhh!" I'm not trying to pile more work on you folks- LOL, but maybe keep that idea on the back burner and see what you can come up with? This question gets brought up so regularly that it has some merit.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 5:09 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for suggestion. Placed it on our list. tammy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.