Thu, Sep 19, 6:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: It has to be Tuesday somewhere in the world!

kupa ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:31 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:30 PM

Attached Link: Curious Labs Website

some stuff to check out...

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:45 PM

I cant wait I am foaming at the mouth and I blame all of you....No more sleep and I will be cranky but now maybe a novice animator like myself can create stuff like Final Fantasy animations...

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:48 PM

i can afford it. and, i won't have to buy another computer. okay, bed, now. i will dream poser 5.

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:53 PM

Please take my money NOW... and can I have it NOW :) Niles

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 8:58 PM

I only have an AMD K-6 366mhz... antique, I know... but darnit... ;_;

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:00 PM

This answers most of my questions ... but I'd like to see if we're getting new versions of the animals. And has Walk Designer been updated to work with quadrupeds?

kupa ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:15 PM

Updated versions of the animals, as well as few new ones, will all be available as a free download through Content Paradise right inside Poser 5.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:22 PM

Okay, thanks. I'll sit down and be quiet now.

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:23 PM

Fan-bloody-tastic!! Good to see it priced so well. I still have to wait until I can raise enough funds, but as soon as I can I'll be at your door :)) I think your server is about to be overloaded LOL I checked in on the link below and had a looksee and was suitabley impressed, but when I went back just before it was ummm, busy LOL Good luck with it guys, I KNOW its going to be a great succes and most deserving!

mglant ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:33 PM

Ouch, Just got back from being out of town and find the CL server is overloaded! But happy to hear the prices (credit care poised for action!)...can anyone who has got in to the the add tell me the release/shipping date? M. Glant

Patricia ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:37 PM

New animals !!! I will go light a candle and mutter appropriate words, and maybe the MAC version will appear Real Soon...?! Right kupa? ("Are we there, yet? huh? Now are we there?!" ...I thought the refrain here was beginning to sound familiar to me---we're like a bunch of 4 yr. olds who've been promised a treat, and we lack all comprehension of a dimension of time known as "soon" or "later". Lucky you, with all of US in the back seat bugging you to Hurry UP! I have a feeling you definitely earn your keep ;^)

hOss69 ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:41 PM

Since the server seems to have ground to a halt;) For those of you that can't access the site, yet, here is the system requirements, as I remember them;) Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP 500mhz Pentium (700mhz recommended) 128MB RAM (More recommended) 500MB Hard disk space As for upgrade prices, in addition to what Legume posted in Post#2: $349-Full version $209-Upgrade from Poser 1,2, or 3 There will also be Academic discounts. Last week when I predicted similar upgrade prices, people thought I was nuts;) Hope this helps those that can't get to the site, yet. hOss69

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:42 PM

New Animals :) great! And for the upgrade price I will even have enough left for some "fast food" :) Thanks Niles

hOss69 ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:44 PM

M. Glant: The release/shipping date was the same as in the press release. Late Summer. Also, the Poser5 images in the gallery are stunning! hOss69

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:44 PM

$179 for upgrade! Sweet. Went to site.... can't connect...to the server... please... what is the release date? Tell me... or I will continue.... with crappy Shatner imitation... Thanks...

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:54 PM

If you buy the PC version before mac comes out. Would I have to pay again for mac version? Poser 3 has both on one disc.

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:57 PM

Thanks for the info, kupa and others. I wasn't able to load the CL site yet. I bet it will be hell for a few days. I'll keep coming back here for more info. I was thinking of asking my wife if I could buy another computer. Mine will do good enough I suppose.. 533 mhz.. 512MB of RAM. I have a 30GB hard drive for Poser. Now the question remains: is it possible to sign up for online classes and qualify for the Educational Discount? Or do I need to attend a college, etc?

weirdass ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 9:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.weirdass.net

Macintosh!!! When???

rain ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 10:04 PM

Got through to the site....Oh Wow!

starlet ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 10:51 PM

Hey, The site seems to be up for me now here at home on the west coast...I think we might have had a really hard hit initially...I hope all you can get on now...Enjoy reading about all our new little goodies tonight!! :)See ya in the morning... tori (goes to sleep praying you don't all email CL at once!!) curious labs

breathless ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 11:34 PM

Can we upgrade to PC version now and Mac later? Thinking I could run 5.0 in Virtual PC (win 2000) then upgrade again for OSX version. Is that legal? Also, noticed in import formats that obj was missing. Is that an error? You guys ROCK!?! But how do I sleep now knowing P5 is out there, around the next corner?!?

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 11:38 PM

UK how? how much to ship? anyone know

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 11:42 PM

Looks like I'll probably be able to afford it. I will always want a bigger, faster computer with more RAM and HD space and a CD/DVD burner and a 24-bit D/A audio converters and everything else. Computer Lust - at least my lovely wife doesn't mind me looking at the centerfolds of computer magazines!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Kelderek ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 2:44 AM

He he, there is one advantage with being in Europe: I sleep while the CL server is overloaded by the US Poser community trying to access... Looked at it now, and I must say that I'm even more impressed with the new features now that they are explained in even more fetailed. Great work, Kupa and the entire gang at CL! And: "Easily manage your in-product content with new Hierarchical Libraries" Woooohoooo!

Kelderek ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 2:45 AM

Er... "even more detail" that is.... ;-)

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 2:46 AM

Not only is the pro pack update reasonable, the P2 and P3 folks are stone nuts not to upgrade to P4 for $59 buckaroos in the blowout sale. In california dreaming, I said I need a cigarette after the um, er, excitement. Now all I got to say is that a fine cigar is on the menu. Thanks Steve, thanks very much.

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 2:51 AM

no, i didn't woke up at 3 am and checked the site. i waited untill 9 and then... 129$ for an upgrade!!!??? it's christmass time!!! YES!! ok, later i saw something that put fear into my heart: glowing nostrils (picture of woman's head illustrating strands)!!! ack! please, please say it will go away, kupa, please... because that means no cloth shadows on skin, abruptly stopping hair shadows on face and so on... :(((

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 3:42 AM

Well I'm ok all round my pc will easily handle poser5 & I have enough money to get it straight away. WOOHOO!!!!!! it's definitely time to sing the Happy Happy Joy Joy song :)))))) Rob

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:05 AM

S: Oh boy, Ren, you'll never believe what I got! R: What's that? S: It's Poser 5 with all of my favorite 3D characters. R: Poser 5? You Dork. S: Yeah, Ren. That's what one of the Poser men is called: Dork! Will you come render with me? R: Go away! Can't you see I'm flossing my cat? S: Oh PLEASE will you render with me? PLEAAAAAASE? Will ya? Will ya? Huh??? R: Grrrrr. Alright, Alright! But this better be good. S: Joyyyyyyyyyy!

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:14 AM

I am very happy with the upgrade price indeed Kupa, thank you for the good deal! I was surprised to see it. I thought "no less than $250.00 or more..."! I am also impressed with the artwork on the new site, is there a write-up somewhere about how the images were done? Was it all Poser 5, by beta testers and your employees? AND... the new site is really beautifuly designed, a match-up for the new version. It works well too (at 2:00 am...). Alex

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:15 AM

you been sipping too much of the happy juice Anthony? excellent job on the website :) Rob

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:18 AM

Hello, boys and girls, this is your old pal FireFly Renderengine. This is a song about a whale. No - This is a song about Poser 5. That's right: It's the Poser Poser Five Five Song. Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Five! I don't think your renders are good enough. That's alright. I'll teach you how to render. I'll teach your grandmother to use procedural shaders! Now boys & girls, let's try it again: Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Five! If'n you ain't the grandaddy of all animators! The non-Poser users out there: They don't know what they're missing. That's very sad. A Sketch Designer marrying micropolygons. We hinted it could be done, but we didn't tell all. Well now we have! Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Poser Poser Five Five, Poser Poser Five Five Five! OK... Too much Ren & Stimpy, too little sleep. Goodnight! :-) A

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:21 AM

caffeine does weird things to your head if you drink it at 4 in the morning, well it does to mine anyway ;) can't wait to get my grubby hands on that box & start rendering. Rob

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:23 AM

sigh The worst part? I'll probably be thinking of South-Park based lyrics soon...

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:23 AM

LOL cross posted with you there ROFLMAO that's the song for me :) sleep well Anthony Rob

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:29 AM

what's that about the sketch designer & micropolygons all about then? what does it do? Rob

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:34 AM

Nothing. P5 has Sketch Designer and FireFly. 2 different animals. "Married" is just a lyric from the original song. :-)

davidm ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:35 AM

Thanks Steve and all the CL team for your amazing work on Poser 5!!! This is fabulous news!! :-) The upgrade pricing is fabulous! Thank you all so much! Hope that these fab upgrade prices can be arranged here in Europe too! Very best wishes, Dave :-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:38 AM

heh glad to hear the sketch designer is still going to be with us, I thought it was another new feature you'd been keeping a secret, there's enough there already without anyway :) enough to keep me quiet for weeks or months. Rob

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:44 AM

Anthony, get some sleep finally :D

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:45 AM

but Daaaaaaaaaaddy, you promised! G'nite!

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:49 AM

I'll read you a bedtime story if that helps. Once upon a time there was a very nice group of people who made a little program called poser, Then one day they announced a new version "Poser5" and everyone all round the world was happy & gave them all their money, the end. lol, now go to sleep ;) Rob

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 4:57 AM

All their money? Cool. Nothing beats Poser fans :)

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:01 AM

hopefully they won't take me too seriously :)

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:05 AM

Too late, you said it. Hand over your wallet.

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:08 AM

file_18934.jpg

LOL here you go, 1 virtual wallet coming up ;)

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:10 AM

Now that's just wrong. I can't take a wallet from a fellow fireman. Oops! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:13 AM

LOL I'm not a fireman it was just the first wallet I found when I did a quick search for 1, I don't actually have a wallet in real life. Rob

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:52 AM

Actually, I think most of the gallery pics are from P4 with postwork, I've seen most of them before, right here in the galleries. Amazing work... later jb

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 5:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.florilegium.org/files/NORSE/Berserkergang-art.html

Nosfiratu, This'll wake you up !! "*(Th)a waes be feaxe on flet boren Grendles heafod, (th)aer guman druncon, egeslic for eorlum ond (th)aere idese mid, wlite-seon wraetlice weras on sawon*. " Enjoy, - TJ

dbutenhof ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2002 at 6:55 AM

So; someone's already commented that several of the new gallery images look "familiar". I agree, and it seems to me that some appeared quite a while ago. Now, since beta testers and CL have been playing with Poser 5 for some time, that doesn't necessarily mean they're NOT Poser 5... but it'd be nice to have confirmation just so we can know how wowed to be by them. ;-) It'd be nice if each would at least identify the components. "Standard P5 woman with default texture, strand-based hair, and dynamic cloth", or "Poser 5 render of Victoria with strand-based hair"; etc. Some time ago, when the group photo with the "giant economy size Poser box" was posted, someone asked if the new web site would have employee info. I thought that sounded nice; but there's nothing other than a different poser box photo, and a page of executive bios, as far as I can see. Disappointing! The group photo doesn't even name names. Nor is there any information I could find on the artists who contributed. Several have been named here, and others guessed at... but I'd had the impression there'd be credit on the web site? Or are we to infer that from the names in the gallery?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.