Wed, Sep 18, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: August Monthly Challenge Entry

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:06 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:38 AM

file_19249.jpg

Here is my entry for the August Monthly Challenge. It may not be the best, but it IS the first. :^) Just couldn't resist a connection to last month's challenge.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:09 AM

Apparently the "Caption" thing doesn't do anything. The title for this pic is "Relic from Atlantis". Now the comments under the pic should make more sense.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 5:20 AM

Already??? :) Very nice piece, and the connection to Atlantis fits right in! A nice touch! :) I would soften up the lighting some, and maybe put some haze in the pic, but its just a suggestion.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Willowjune ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 10:55 AM

I really love this, so evocative with the huge head of the Atlantean statue. Very nice.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:48 PM

Rochr: I agree with you about the haze, but when I tried to boost the haze even a little bit, I lost the whole pic in haze. I don't know if it is the scale of the scene or what, but every change I made just made things worse. I have a pet peeve about overworking a scene, so when I find myself fussing over it for too long, my policy is to go back to the best render and call it quits. I get itchy to move on to my next idea. :^) Also, I have a thing about getting a pic too dark...for the longest time I was rendering in a dark room so as to minimize distractions. Then when I first came to Renderosity I realized that all my renders were way too dark. If the lights are off in the room, the monitor is much brighter in comparison. Now I render with the lights on.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:49 PM

Hmmm...the fish in proportion make the statue head look smaller.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:50 PM

Hmmm...the fish in proportion make the statue head look smaller.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 5:58 PM

Nice Pic. If you can't haze it, you may try a 2d semi-cloudy screen filter in front of the camera.(like cloudy glass/with reflection to zero).I've used 2 or 3 of those with the transparency in the high 90's and shuffle them for a desired effect. This one would have also been easy enough to render a distance mask and add a slight DOF in photoshop. If I remember correctly, I think this month there is some latitude with post work. All in all nice pic and tie in to Atlantis. Good Luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.