Sun, Sep 22, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Poser, MAX, and Renderfarms

bobhobz ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 2:41 PM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 12:08 PM

Hey gang, I'm attempting to render a 3DS MAX animation on our renderfarm which is composed of 8 Intergraph CPUs. I access it through a LAN from my workstation. The renderfarm has 3DS MAX installed on all of them but my workstation has MAX, Poser and the propack. When I try to render to the farm, I get an error message because the farm appears to be searching for the propack plugin. Does this mean I have to have the propack and poser installed on all 8 CPUs in order to render any MAX animations with a Poser figure in it?

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 3:53 PM

No. 3dsmax4plugcfgPoserLocation.txt should all point to the same place using UNC paths( MachineNameCDriveProgram FilesPoser 4). See the propack help file for details. I have a 3 machine farm running. -Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.