Mon, Sep 9, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Lots of exciting stuff!

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2002 at 4:51 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:30 PM

Poser 5 is coming out, there's a new version of Zbrush being released (and it's free to 1.23b owners), there's new stuff at DAZ (as usual) and in the Market Place. My poor pocket book. Anyway, I wondered if anyone knows if the new version of Poser allows you to organize a better file system. You know subdirectories inside of other directories. And has anyone thought about how to migrate all their stuff from Poser 4 over to Poser 5. I have SO much stuff. I was also wondering how people handle this. Alot of files now have very generic names like ps_ac306. That's the Millennium Beard. But what if something happens and I have to reinstall it. How am I going to find it? Especially if I have a lot of such files. I do! I've started keeping a log, but that won't help me with the vast library I already own. What do you do? And finally, I wanted to give a public thank you to Harvey Mann. I already thanked him privately. But I think he deserves a public thank you. The other day he released an upgrade to his Total Hair. I saw it in the marketplace about the time it was being posted. I wondered if I got a price break since I owned the previous version. While I was trying to figure I out, I heard that I had mail. When I went to read my mail, I found a letter from Harvey saying I got the best price break of all. I got it free. He didn't have to do that. He could have charged an upgrade price and I would have paid it. Thanks Harvey. With all the exciting things go on, it's easy to overlook some nice things that happen. I didn't want to forget. Kevin

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2002 at 5:08 PM

For the library, see Chapter 23, page 124 of the PDF manual. I haven't read it all, but it looks like you can do pretty much anything you want with the Libraries. For 'prisoner #ps_ac306', do what I do....rename the zip the minute you get it and burn a copy. mac

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 1:12 AM

Hmann is wonderful! I wondered if I would get the update, because I purchased the total hair from 3D commune, and he no longer had it for sale there, but he got in touch with 3D and I got to update for free too! So Hats off to HMann!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.