Mon, Oct 21, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Morphos and Daz Beard

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 7:24 PM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 10:01 AM

When you use morphos, are you suppose to set the slider to zero, if you don't want that feature to change, or are you suppose to set it to one. I know if I click on reset, it set almost everything to one. Does that mean that everything is going to morph to the extreme or that it's not going to morph at all. So far I haven't had much luck with this thing. Probably because I haven't figure it out yet. Sometimes I click on create, one ear will go up and the other one down. I was also messing around with the Daz beard today. I got it to work, but I don't understand the first seven or so MAT icons. I click on the one with the brown beard and I expect it to set it so that it renders with a brown beard and mustash just like in the icon, but nothing seems to change. The beard remains just as I applied it from the Character library. So what are these MATs for? The one trans MAT sets transparency on but then nothing renders and the other trans MAT sets all transparency off. So what are these MATs for. The other icons farther donw in the list seemed to do what I expected. It's just the first seven or so. I think they were the yellow ones. Thanks Kevin

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 7:31 PM

In Morphos, you should see a circle to the left of the morph. Uncheck the morph you don't want to change. I can't help with beard however.

Lindsey ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 11:23 PM

On my install, the poses do what what it says.. changes the beard color to blond, white, black, red.. etc.. Don't yours?

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 1:25 AM

MeInOhio: As Linsdey says, you must first choose your beard color from the very top of the MATs list. Once that's done, go ahead and choose your variation from the long list below. It should render as expected. Good luck

Lindsey ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 4:14 PM

Here's what I do to use the Mil Beard. 1. Load Michael (figure 1) 2. Add the Mil Beard as a new character (figure 2) 3. Conform the Mil Beard to the Michael character 4. In the Mil Beard poses, change the color if you don't want the default brown using one of the ALL Color poses (yellow). 5. Select one of the Mil Beard style poses and render. The Mil Bear Style poses include the Bump Map (texturing).jpg and Transparency turned on so you don't need to use the MAP ON or ALL TRANSPARENT Poses. If you do select the ALL TRANSPARENT pose, you'll need to reapply a beard style before rendering. It really does what the name of the pose says, makes the beard transparent when rendering. If you didn't notice already, if you change Michael's face with the morphing dials, you'll need to do the same for the Mil Beard figure since Poser views it as a "character". The easiest way to match the Mil Beard to the the face is to do all facial posing without the Mil Beard, save the face pose to the Faces library, add the Mil Beard, conform, color, style, then apply the saved face pose to the Mil Beard figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.