Thu, Sep 19, 4:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New forum user - long time bryce user

synergyauto ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 5:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:37 AM

file_22505.jpg

Hi all, Love what you guys do with Bryce! Thought you might like to see what I did with it. Granted, the model isn't bryce made (it's Rhino), but I always use bryce to render out my models. Guess I'm hooked :) Thanks for taking a peek! -Syn

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:06 PM

fantastic models

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:11 PM

i can live to be a hundred, yet, i know this model will always blow me away.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 7:05 PM

WOWOWOWOWOWOWO, just amazing stuff....Sharen

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 8:38 PM

good job, welcome aboard.

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 10:43 PM

Awesome model! I'd have fun with that one for years.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 12:56 AM

Wow! Fantastic model. Your good at this. Welcome to the Bryce forum! I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 5:20 AM

beautiful modeling, I love the style. hope to see more of your work.

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 10:39 AM

It would be good to see this in a scene... hint, hint ;)

synergyauto ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 10:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=239728&Start=1&Sectionid=12&WhatsNew=Yes

I did throw it into a scene, although this model was choking bryce so much that I couldn't do a whole lot with it (read: I'm rather a shamed of the scene lol). Click the link above to get there :) And thanks for all the kind comments folks! -Syn

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 11:59 AM

The scene may not be everything you wanted, but it shows off the cathedral beautifully. Is this a copy of an actual cathedral? Lin who is too lazy to do a web search to find out for herself. :)

synergyauto ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 12:01 PM

Actually, it sort of is. The front part with the dome is directly from my tiny brain, the rest is copied from an actual cathedral entrance in London, unfortunately, I don't remember which one :(

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 4:52 PM

It's a good scene, you just need to alter the POV and the DOF to give a sense of scale.

FWTempest ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 5:01 PM

Duuuude... this is excellent modelling. My modelling abilities are not very good, I would love to be able to do stuff like this. I don't suppose that model is for sale anywhere?? BTW... welcome to the forum.. nice entrance.

synergyauto ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 5:29 PM

lol, thanks fwtempest. I'm actually thinking of packaging this model up and putting it up for sale. I'm just wonder how feasible it would be to sell considering the 3ds version of it is 62 megs. What do you guys think?

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 5:46 PM

Could you not convert it, say to an OBJ? I think OBJs are smaller. 62Mb is quite large for a download - over 4hrs on my arsey connection. I came up against the same problem when I considered selling digital textures and skies.

synergyauto ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 6:02 PM

Actually no tuttle, the obj file was 320 megs, and Bryce took about 2 hours to import it then hacked up a lung and froze when I tried to move the model (on a system with 768megs of ram). I believe 3ds is the smallest I can go without losing quality. Even as a 3ds, I still had to do a smooth on the whole model in bryce, which took about an hour :(

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 8:38 PM

Is everything unioned and did you save in pieces or all at once? The cubes and triangles around the main door should convert to 12 and 8 polys respectively. If you save at high enough quality to make the archway look smooth you will end up with 100+ polygons in your cubes. I found out quickly never to group unless necessary. Rhino adds lots of mesh detail where surfaces meet and recurve. You can join after the nurbs are converted to meshes. You can also throw away the interior faces of the cubes, Any surface that won't show. You can pick an object type like the cubes and use the Polygon mesh from nurbs object in the tools command to individually control the number of facets in an object. With squares you can push the slider all the way down. Delete the original nurbs and render. If the quality is poor click undo twice and remesh at a higher setting. Your little mushrooms around the borders of the window eat a couple of hundred polys each and I count 196 of them in just the faces I can see. They could be a lower quality mesh whereas your front door arch has to look smooth. You might reduce them and also peel off the back faces. You could be able to get this down to a more reasonable 12 megs. Clearly however you are a modeling god. My largest work to date has been TMA1 from 2001. 120 megs in bryce. P.S. If you burn to a CD and send copies Renderosity Marketplace will sell them and ship through the mail. This avoids horrendous downloads and lost connections.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.