Tue, Oct 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Blockbuster?s Carl and Ray

macmullin ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 9:35 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.blockbuster.com/carlandray

Last night some guy in the forum posted a warez request http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=855333 I made the comment that ninja mice (now spelled correctly) where about to attack him, and I guessed just about right how long his survival was in the forum - Lyrra nailed him to the wall before the five mins were up! After making this comment, I was not sure if most people, other than North Americans would be familiar with the Video Store Blockbuster?s and their TV advertisements. The ninja mice comes from their 3D animation of Carl (rabbit) and Ray (hamster) in the animation titled Kung Fu. These animations in my mind are blast, which can be found at the link provided. If you have never seen them they are a great laugh

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 9:57 AM

"These are brown. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR GREEN!" That's my typical day. LOL And they are absolutely amazing. The hair work is outstanding.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 9:57 AM

I have actually seen a Ray mechanical toy that dances and swings those sticks that are chained together to the tune of "everybody was Kung Foo Fighting".

macmullin ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 10:07 AM

At the site there is a video titled "The Making of Carl and Ray" (interesting). They show screen shots of the 3D package, but I am not quite sure which one they are using. Perhaps its Maya or SoftImage. Perhaps some can point it out which one. Mean while... I will be waiting in my Trailer! lol

Sue88 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 11:02 AM

Barbarellany, Yes, I've seen that toy at Cracker Barrel - we actually bought one for my husband's uncle (he loves things like that). It was so funny and cute! I even considered getting one for myself. :)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 12:29 PM

I've got the Kung Fu hampster sitting on top of my CD rack on the shelf over my monitor. FYI, Ray is a guinea pig. Did you just whack me with a carrot?

ronmolina ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 12:37 PM

They used Maya and their own software. There is an article and interview on the net about it. Forgot which forum. Ron

rain ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 12:58 PM

Oh, I love those commercials! I watch them - and laugh out loud - every time they're on :-)

macmullin ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:02 PM

Kate, I apologize... I stand corrected he's not a hamster but guinea pig.:-) By the way when are they going to but an editing feature in the forum so I can go back and correct my bad spelling and grammar?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 9:14 PM

Since you mentioned the toys ....

Kung Fu Hamster
Boxing Hamster

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 1:43 AM

I love those commercials too, especially the new one about 'rabbit ear reception'. But I also am very, very fond of Geico Insurance's Geko. Liz Pope Dreamspinner

ronmolina ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 7:52 AM

Liz Those rabbit ears crack me up. Ron

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 11:09 PM

Ron, someone was really brilliant when they came up with the idea of the 'rabbit ears' gag. I'm surprised it wasn't one of their first animations! Liz Pope Dreamspinner

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.