Thu, Sep 19, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Yes indeed, Poser 5 is shipping!

kupa ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:14 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Attached Link: Here's the press release...

That's right! All the hard work, the planning, the struggles, and now the fruit. Poser 5 is shipping starting today. That means it is also available for purchase via our website, from many domestic and international resellers and catalogs, and through academic resellers. I'm looking forward to seeing your Poser 5 images. Now that it is heading out the door, I get to spend more self indulgent time putting some personal images and animations together. So heres my virtual Poser 5 toast. Cheers to the community for your patience and enthusiastic support! Cheers to the incredibly talented artists and partners that have helped us deliver Poser 5, this has been a barn raising and your strong backs and diligence helped hoist some critical beams and a strong foundation into place! Cheers to the content developers that will many have new opportunities and successes, may Poser 5 be a spark for you that will inspire you to create unique and lovely content that nets you respect and revenue! Cheers to the early adopters that will help to pave the way with your experience and tutelage, all we do is make the shovels, you plant the gardens, may the bulbs bloom brightly! Cheers to Poser itself! What an amazing product. This is a movement, not just a tool, and with this release, may the movement take us all in creative new directions! Cheers to Larry Weinberg, the creator of Poser and the source of so many great innovations. Larry, you are a rare man. I am lucky to have you as a business partner and as a friend! And finally, Cheers to the team at Curious Labs here in the US and in Ireland, and to the team at EGISYS Germany and Indonesia that worked weekends, late nights, early mornings, in some cases throughout the night, sleeping on couches, skipping time off, getting family to understand and support you in your commitment to this enormous project. You should be proud. We are making history with this release! From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all. Sincerely, Steve Cooper Curious Labs

Daio ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:20 PM

And the Mac version will be available when?

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

lundon_Don ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:23 PM

Have you sent out the UPS notice emails yet? (I just want to know whether to be sad, since I haven't gotten one)

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:27 PM

whooopa KUPA..super dooper__ sorry the excitements making me daft. I second all those cheers. I have to say that I for one have appreciated all the input that you and the CL team have put in to these forums over these last few months. Your excitement in the product and your willingness to engage in the community has said a lot about your philosophy. May CL and the team go form strength to strength. No doubt when we've all got our deliveries and had a chance to explore there be a lot of praise and I guess some moans but all that goes towards pushing the product forward.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:27 PM

Cheers back at you Steve, thanks for letting us play a small part on the Poser 5 stage.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:28 PM

I can't wait to see what you come up with Steve so get rendering ;), I'm counting the days till I get that email saying poser5 is on it's way to me :) Rob

iajones ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:29 PM

I went down to your guys's place this morning, and you wouldn't answer the door. What's up with that? I told everybody I was going to travel 61.6 miles to pick it up!

a_super_hero ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:45 PM

Will we be getting UPS tracking numbers to know when exactly it will be at our front door and can rush home from work to open it?

neoken1 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:56 PM

Cheers to not having to check CL and Renerosity forums every 5 minutes on the release of P5. Geers to on having to hijack every UPS truck within a 2 mile radius and yelling, "P5, P5, P5!".

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 2:05 PM

UPS for ground shipping, Airborne Express for Overnight, according to Tori.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 2:12 PM

what do we use for the hair loss caused by the waiting? lol. I have temples & swords & I'm not afraid to use them with poser5 ;) Rob

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 2:36 PM

YAHOOOOOOOO, YIPPEEEEEEEE, I JUST GOT MY LETTER......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUNNING AROUND SCREAMING.... THANK YOU STEVE.....:-) :-) SHAREN

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 2:38 PM

so when you getting it then sharen? Rob

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:04 PM

I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T CARE, ALL I KNOW IS IT IS ON IT'S WAY......AHHHHHHHHHHH......I chose ground.....poooooop, BUT IT IS COMING.....SHAREN

geep ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:13 PM

Thanks Steve ... ... for your marvelous pics (drool) and keeping us informed on the progress of P5. WOW!!! Shipping 9 days ahead of schedule! Good job! (i know, i know, it said on /or before the 15th ...) With most companies, it is usually 2-3 weeks AFTER the scheduled date. CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ronmolina ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:14 PM

When will we get are notices of shipping? I must be close to the top in ordering. Paid for overnight also. Ron

RICHARD ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:29 PM

WOW GOOD NEWS CAN'T WAIT,HOPE MY TRACKING E-MAIL SHOWS UP SOON.

starlet ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:37 PM

CL is not using UPS AT ALL! We will be using Airborne Express to ship from our US store and DHL from our Ireland facility. Tracking Numbers for those whose packages shipped today will be emailed around 5pm PST today. Once you receive them, you can go to www.airborne.com to track them.

atz3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:38 PM

do they have Saturday Delivery?

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:42 PM

Yipee! Now to dust off my PC and get it tuned up and ready for that delivery. BUT please make sure its time in the sun is brief - I'll be waiting impatiently for the Mac version, to use Poser on my real work machine. So tell the team to celebrate and rest up, but not for too long. :-)

ryamka ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:42 PM

So how late can we order today and still get it shipped today?

ryamka ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:42 PM

And the Curious Labs site is down again....

starlet ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:45 PM

No Saturday delivery. First shipments (those with next day delivery who were in the first batch of those who ordered) will be delivered on Monday. If you order today, no guarantee we will ship today, we take 1-3 business days to process orders and with the backlog of orders, orders placed now will more than likely ship ~Monday.

geep ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:47 PM

I wonder why? ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:01 PM

a movement, not a tool. << Exactly. My life has been divided into Before Poser and After Poser, and the AP is definitely a superior incarnation.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:02 PM

How about us ground pounders that ordered the first day...did they go out today ???? By the way---who won the ordering contest ????

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ronmolina ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:08 PM

Starlet thank you so much for your prompt answer. Ron

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:13 PM

Thank God for that. I'm not going to pretend there hasn't been times when the delays, the teasing and the lack of information haven't caused annoyance (a triple negative - "what I say three times must be true"). But, at last after all this time, Poser 5's a reality. Now for some real animating, race ya to the first Marilyn skirt blowing up in the wind animation....the first dance of the seven veils... the first Vicki on a mountain top cliche....

neoken1 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:14 PM

Yeah, (adding to Dave-So's post) what about ground pre-orders (who ordered before today)? Will we also get a mail some time today/tonight?

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:14 PM

Congratulations on the ship of Poser 5....and right on time :) I only wish I had ordered it next day instead of ground.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:23 PM

FYI on Airborne Express - they are affiliated with the Post Office and as such have a tendency to hand off packages for the post office to deliver, so don't be surprised if your mail carrier is the one who shows up with it. ;)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 4:49 PM

I need help with a good excuse why I won't be at work next Monday and Tuesday. Sounds kind of lame that I'm waiting for the mail to arrive... Any ideas?

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 5:05 PM

Yes...try this: You were posing...tripped and fell.

littlechris ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 5:18 PM

I WANT IT BUT I CANT HAVE IT!! :-( ......Yet, I have a Mac.

rwilliams ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 5:55 PM

Ever consider getting a real PC?

rwilliams ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 5:56 PM

Just kidding!!!!

starlet ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 6:06 PM

Emaleth put this in another thread, but in case you didn't see it, yes, all orders that ship today, no matter what shipping method, will receive tracking numbers via email tonight. The prize winners were notified by email and sent their special edition boxes, sweatshirts, and mimic cd's express today and already have their tracking numbers. They can choose to identify themselves if they want. :) ANY ORDERS ISSUES: orders@curiouslabs.com

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 6:08 PM

I had already arranged to take Monday off. :-) (I arranged it 2 weeks ago. I was going to call in sick the day Poser was going to show up.) I'm going to call Airborne tonight and see if the package will hit their office tomorrow. If so, I'm going to drive down there and pick it up in person.

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 6:31 PM

Great news! Can't wait to start exploring P5!

davidgibson ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 6:47 PM

BIG FAT HAIRY DEAL!!!!! Three guesses who uses a Mac? The first two don't count!

Mtncub ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 6:57 PM

Attached Link: OOoo * foams at the mouth and eyes every Airborne Express that drives by*

MUHHHAAAHAHAHAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

SOoooon I will in rendering bliss !!

Growing hair where hair should be had ! ( and should not ! )

I'm going to turn those new male models into WOOKIES just because I CAN !!!

Haaahahahahaaa .... I can't wait. Clearing out a bout 8 gigs of space so that will have plenty of play room ;)

Ya think a 1.5 ghz with 1.3 gb's of ram should do the trick ?
Yipeee!!

We love you STeve !

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 7:47 PM

Well, I just got my letter. I didn't remember if I had selected next day or ground. But I see my order was shipped airboure. Thanks, everyone at Curious Labs. Kevin

Renaylor ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:05 PM

Just got my confirmation for overnight shipping(really Monday:-)) Is it really true that the Post Office sometimes inherits Airborne Express packages LOL!!! Saturday sounds like a great day for a package :-) Renaylor5B@aol.com

boblowery ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:06 PM

well maybe I'll stick my 2 cents worth in here too. I'm between this station trying to find out when P5 arrives and the station in the barn trying to set up a new computer just for the program and hope I get the hardware finished in time.

Jazzmin ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

I just received email from Curious Labs. P5 shipped today!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

jjsemp ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

I ordered mine to be sent via ground shipping. I got my letter. I got my tracking number. I am a happy camper. jjsemp

Moonbiter ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:14 PM

I just recievied my confromation as well. I had mine shipped next day... I hope that it gets here then :) I can't wait to get my copy and try it out. -Moon

spectre3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.airborne.com/TransitTimes/GDSMapRslts.asp?mt=c&oh=FTH&oz=95062

Hey this link might give you a better idea when your P5 will arrive :) Mine will be here Tuesday, but unfortunately I'll be out of town when it gets here. Yikes! Spectre

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 8:34 PM

Got my tracking number! And I will be home to receive it! Finally, the hidden blessing of unemployment is revealed! :) CL, you guys are great! Neil says, "Boomshanka!"

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 9:18 PM

Got my number too! Must buy much coffee!!!

neoken1 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 12:24 AM

Ok...I pre-ordered a week ago? Got confirmation letter...but, no tracking number info? Aw Heck! (CL need a better delivery system)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.