Thu, Sep 19, 9:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 4 Demo

BlueBeard ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:35 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 9:47 AM

I just download Vue 4 Demo, and was thinking of purchasing it to accompany Poser. I would like to ask those that own Poser, how do they like Vue 4. And what is the maximum render size?

Wladamire ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:14 PM

i love vue and render size is 1600x1240 i think

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 12:58 AM

Vue is a beautiful program - and the perfect accompany to Poser. But maximum render size has more to do with the capacities of your system AND how long you can wait for your computer. I did a 3000x2250 pixel one not long ago. It rendered around one night, that's not bad at all.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:13 AM

BlueBeard, render size is whatever you want or better what your computer can afford. When rendering with Vue, you can render to screen in the maximum size of your screen resolution. When rendering to disk, you can render much bigger (for prints). And of course, we all love Vue:-). Guitta

BlueBeard ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 11:39 AM

While I usually render in the 1280x960 to 1600x1200 range at home, I always go the max for work. That is because we sometimes use these on posters, i.e. 30x40 (inches) So I want the max for good reproduction, i.e. catalog, ads, etc.

drnw04a ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 1:36 PM

I've had as much fun with Vue as I've had with any 3D app. It's easy to learn, has a better material editor than some high-end packages, and a great render engine. We always want more, as you can see from the wish list, but its hard to beat Vue's bang for the buck right now. I haven't tested the render size past 1024x768 yet, so can't give you much feedback there. The Poser import has worked very smoothly for me so far as well.

rollmops ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:32 PM

The only limit is your computer.My finals are always at 300 dpi with a size from 3000 X 2000 to 5000 X 3000 pixels and sometimes bigger.The rendering time variates very much depending on the effects you're using,the ammount of polygons and the number of objects in the scene.In case of my image "Nur f Papier !(papers only !)" the final rendering took 3,5 hours,but for "Hof 2" it took me 48 (!!) hours to render it (final quality).So you have to be patient sometimes,but it's worth it !!

http://www.fredivoss.de 

...yippi ah yeah or something like that...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.