Tue, Oct 22, 12:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: The P5 future... my thoughts :)

soulhuntre ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:55 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 5:04 PM

I figured I would put my thoughts about P5 out there in a simple, straightforward manner. I will be expanding this post for Hyper-3D.com at some point, but I wanted to get it out there.

The simple reality is this: I like P5. I get more done with it than I did with P4 in the same amount of time, and the new feature set is already making some of the things I do look better.

There! I said it. So now there isn't any confusion about  me being a "P5 basher" :)

I think that we all have a learning curve coming, and I will be posting some of those ideas in other threads.. but I have faith in the talent pool of Poser users. I think the new tools will give us a LOT of new stuff to play with and I know we will pull every bit out of it.

The transition will be an interesting one - but these transitions are the very nature of software. Max5 has entirely new abilities from Max4. Truespace 6 is a radically expanded animal from Truespace 5 and so on. this is nothing to be afraid of.

On the other hand, there are bugs. And we need to discuss them and discuss workarounds. Because of we don't we will have a lot of real trouble.

Poser4 is not going to remain the dominant version of Poser. If you use it and like it, great, good for you. However don't think that there is a battle to be fought here, P5 is the current version of Poser and the code base for the future. While well meaning discussion fo the problems in Poser5 is useful - the community as a whole needs to realize that Poser5 >is< the game now. And that there is no "hue and cry" that can be raised to change that.

Because, despite the bugs, P5 is in every way a more capable piece of software.

So let's roll up our sleeves, be honest about the bugs and the workarounds and push this beast to the limit :)

neoken1 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 6:42 PM

Amen! I am real looking forward to our talented Renderosity-Poser Artist getting a hold of P5 and pushing the limits of its power. Beyond all the "bug" and "error" post, (IMO)CL has tried give a answer to two of the most asked questions for poser software: 2. How do you put a persons face on a poser figure (face room)? 3. How do you make life-like textures (material room/shaders)? I haven't received my copy yet (Airhoe Express tip 1.- Don't be a cheap a#@ like me. Pay the few bucks for next-day shiping. With Airhoe, It might arrive...hmmm...the day-next-to-the-next-day); but, I look forward to some interesting stuff in the next months. PS: Hee, hee...What the #1 asked newbie question? Don't know...Take a guess ;) Ken Self-Proclaimed King of all Newbies

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 7:07 PM

On the other hand, there are bugs. And we need to discuss them and discuss workarounds. Hopefully a forthcoming patch will dispense with some of the workarounds

notefinger ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 8:30 PM

Bugs? I didn't get any bugs! I got a dog, cat, wolf, horse, frog, and lion but no bugs. I feel rooked! I want my bugs!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.