Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Poser 4 Werewolf Model

poseschool ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 10:42 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 8:19 PM

I'm looking for a werewolf model Commerical or non-commercial which can be used for commercial renders. The one in the free stuff area can't be used for commercial. Don't know if this will help but the one here:- http://home.pacifier.com/~jswing/wwolf/WWolf.html is definately the kind I'm after. Can some one point me the right direction to purchase/download such a model with textures. Thanks

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 11:07 AM

Eons Monster Tutorial (which costs $28) is avaialble at http://www.3dcommune.com/... it includes the actual werewolf if you don't want to build it from scratch. There is a free one at http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/anatomy.asp but I couldn't tell how good it is from the small icon. Poserguild http://propsguild.com/preview/Characters.asp also has a werewolf ... you need to be a member to download it. I don't know if any are available for commercial use, but I would think if you use the tutorial to create your own werewolf, the ownership would be yours. Hope that helps.

2002LaughingVulcan ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:29 PM

IThe one on 3D cafe is a 'kitbash' of the Poser Wolf head sewn onto the Dork's Hero body in a stalking pose...

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:31 PM

That's good to know. It was so hard to see, I couldn't figure out what it looked like. Thanks!

Lemurtek ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:37 PM

Attached Link: http://3-darena.com/

file_24020.jpg

Well, don't know if this is exactly what you want, but my WOlfgang Poser 4 figure is free, and you can use him in personal or commercial renders. He's available at 3-Darena.com, in the Freebies/Page 2 section. Regards- Lemurtek

poseschool ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:50 PM

Lemurtek Your model is the only one I could find :) I've downloaded it, but not figured if I'm gonna use it yet. Unfortuntately, I'm crap at making textures and need a pretty real fur texture for the model. But... saying that.. I've ordered Poser 5 and I'm wondering if the hair grow tools would make an impessive type body texture.. might be memory intensive though? The Joseph Swing's version, which he didn't release, is the kind I'm looking for, it has the look and body form. Weird how no ones made a version like this for sale based on Mike embeded with morphs. Thanks for the replies and Lemurtek, it looks like yours is the only werewolf available for download.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:59 PM

The Eons Monster Tutorial has the werewolf included if you don't want to do your own texture (though I think Lemurtek's is hard to beat). Personally I think the learning curve for Poser 5 is high enough that it would be a challenge to get a decent looking werewolf out of it unless you were extremely practiced at the software (and some people are, there's no doubt of the talent here). My understanding of the software is slim, but the more hair groups you add to the figure, it seems like the more potential there is for Poser 5 crashing. And a body suit would be a consideribly more complicated than doing a head of hair. But I could very well be wrong and would be happy to admit that I am. Someone may take it on as a project just to prove it!

Lemurtek ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 9:50 PM

Woohoo! I've cornered the Market on Free Werewolves! Maybe I should raise my price... One Million dollars! Yes! I only need to sell one! In all seriousness, I did try some fur textures for some of my later figures, but they didn't go over that well. I'm not the best texture artist. Regards- Lemurtek

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 9:53 PM

Someone just posted a hairy catsuit they created in Poser 5. I guess there might be a way to do a werewolf that way...though frankly, Lemurtek, I don't think you have to worry about giving up your crown as Leader of the Pack. Your definitely rule in creating were-creatures or humanimals.

TalmidBen ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 11:17 PM

lol lemurtek, perhaps we should slap some regulations on you, since you are obviously attempting to create a monopoly on human/animal figures and undercutting the market by offering them free! You could get fined in Italy for that, and sued in America! ben

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 11:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.schlabber.org/poses/preview/combwere.htm

Schlabber has a great one pictures in one of his pose sets, but it only says, 'The wolfcharacter is from "The wolfman"'. Don't know if it's one of the ones mentioned here. I emailed him and asked if it is available anywhere, since I'd like to get it. I'll post here if I find out.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 1:20 AM

It's the one in Free Stuff, lmckenzie. He was working on a new version, last I heard.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 12:28 AM

Thanks very much Little Dragon. I just downloaded him. Unfortunately, there's no texture. I'll try throwing some fur on him, but with my total lack of texturing ability, I'm sure he'll look even more horiffic. He's not the classic Lon Chaney wolfman but I like him.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

klutzo ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 3:43 AM

Lemurtek, I'd like to know how to create a Werewolf type model... I'm using the default Human form, lopped off his head by spawning each individual section (Yuk! Maybe there was an easier way) and deleting the model. Then I did the same thing for the standard Wolf model, and lopped off his body. I'm kinda stuck now how to stick the wolf's head onto the unfortunate fellows body... Help? thanks! Klutzo oh FYI, I am pretty new to Poser, adn have been whackin away at it for about 3 days now.. just seem to be fumbling around lots.. =>

Lemurtek ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 4:59 PM

You can't really do this perfectly in Poser alone, but you can make a reasonable fake. ONe way is to load your human figure, make the head invisible, then add your wolf, and make everything but the head and neck invisible. Position and scale the wolf figure over the human neck, and parent the wolf figure to the human figure. Then you save combined figure (you need at least Poser 4.03 to do this) to the library. It's awkward to pose, but with care it works for stills. To really do this, you need an external modeling program. Anim8tor (?) is a free one you might try. Regards- Lemurtek

klutzo ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 6:07 PM

Hmm.. maybe i need a quickie lesson in parenting? I THINK I did that.. basically I had sections like neck 1, then I atteched it to neck 2, then it attached to chest1, and the shoulders attached to those... etc. etc. Now I thought when I attached those objects together that's parenting? Perhaps not.. I'm not relaly sure how to attach the two individual models. Again what I did was to take the initial model, SPAWN a section.. i.e. the chest, then abdomen, then DELETE the whole model. For instance, let's say that's all I wanted to do... now I want to attach JUST the chest of the HUMAN, with the neck of the WOLF. Where do I go from here? Thanks for the help! FYI. I like your model, I'd just like to figure out how to do this, so I can play with things like centaurs, etc. etc. Oh.. I'm skinning/mapping your old texutre by the by... I should hopefully hae something that looks pretty kewl in the next week or so. I'm also learning how to texture, so this has been a great learning experience! Klutzo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.