Wed, Sep 18, 1:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser figures spotted in commercial games

Scharmers ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 2:00 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Spotted heavy-duty use of Poser stuff in Artifact Entertainment's "Demise" RPG. Not surprising, since this is a home-brew production. What is surprising is the very heavy use of Poser figures in Might and Magic 8. Take a look at the character faces ... a lot of straight default stuff without a lot of morphing, along with the pixie-cut hair-do on one of the faces. Interesting that a big commercial company like New World/3DO wouldn't at least try to disguise the characters a bit. Anyone else see any Poser figures in commercial games out there? --scharmers

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 2:25 PM

Wow, Now I'll HAVE to pick up M&M 8 - after getting seven and playing my wife's copy of 6, that is...:-) On another board someone said that they noticed the textures in Maxis software's "The Sims" were almost identical to Poser textures; I don't think they used Poser, but you never know!

GeorgeD ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 3:49 PM

They are most likely the same models but not from Poser. The Poser figures can be purchased from Viewpoint in nearly any format and Zygote also sells them in Character Studio format for 3D Studio Max. GeorgeD

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 3:50 PM

I have The Sims as well as the texturizing freeware addon and the textures in it are very different. Completely different mapping and end result.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

WarLoKK ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 4:40 PM

The Sims skins are just like Quake skins... as a matter of fact, you can use Quake skins on your Sims. Could be interesting, since there are some bizarre Quake skins out there...

nicknoel ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 7:03 PM

Oh yeah, have Hit Man Harry come and date a Sims girlfriend! Now I gotta pick me up that game! I was reading a gaming mag last week and saw that used Poser for quite a bit of a PCvsConsole article. They used the default Casual Boy with conformed clothes. Heck I even saw Poser 3 figures in an instore flyer at Sears (probably done in house) and even on TV. Poser or at least Zygote is really gettin' around!

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 11:10 PM

Spotted some Poser/Zygote figures on a Laser Tag game at Kay Bee Toys.

CEBrown ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 2:14 PM

As an aside, I saw a poster for a show when I was in Vegas that I could have SWORN was done with Poser figures - only to see an ad for the show on television and see that either the entire performance is digital or the people are actually made to look "plasticy" and artificial... I've seen Poser-only renders that looked more real than the cast in that show!

Legume ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 9:58 PM

Poser 2 figures were used in the cutscenes for "Tribal Rage", a "Command & Conquer"-style strategy game that uses bikers, cultists and rednecks in place of "Red Army" and "Blue Army". It's a pile of fun and can be found pretty cheap (I got mine for 6 bucks). In the opening cutscene, a bunch of Posettes on motorcycles incur the wrath of a big fat redneck by blasting his "Head-bobbing" Elvis figurine off the dashboard of his RV truck...

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 12:06 PM

So THAT'S what Tribal Rage is! I saw it yesterday at Electronics Boutique for $9.99; the screen shots looked like watered down Civilization, while the cover shot reminded me too much of Redneck Rampage to take it seriously... :-)

pjanak ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2000 at 9:40 PM

Again , as someone stated already. What you are seeing may not be "Poser Figures" Poser does not have its own models. Poser models come from and are made into models of different formats. Viewpoints "18 Perfect people" forexample look exactly like Poser figures but they are not Poser originally.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.