Wed, Sep 18, 12:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Need Help combining two objects and saving them as one Prop

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 3:54 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:57 AM

file_24199.jpg

I am trying to save the following image as one prop. I parented a box prop to my wall so I can apply the transperncy Map for the window to my wall. When I went to save it as a single prop only the wall was saved. How do I make them both save as one Prop? The top image is the unrendered version the bottom smaller image is what it will look like when rendered. Dark Raven

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 4:12 PM

When saving the prop click the "Sub-set" button and choose all the props you want saved into one library file. -Jeff

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 4:23 PM

Thanks Jeff that worked perfectly, You should be seeing this image soon as part of my second image in my Dangerous Females Series, and probably my favorite since she is named after me....:-) Vainity my favorite sin anyways thanks again

geep ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 6:23 PM

Use the "export" function. 1. When you see the list of all the object in the studio, 2. UNCHECK the "Universe" to deselect everything and then, 3. put an "x" in the square boxes for the items you want to save as a single prop. 4. "Export" to whatever filename you want to use. 5. "Import" the item you just exported. Now, it is ONE object. Make sure all the parameters are correct, i.e., texture maps, colors, origin, name, etc. Save your new combined prop to the library. And that's all there is to it! ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

creativechaos ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 9:44 PM

That wall is something else....I have a few ideas for that ;) Are you going to make it available?

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 10:24 PM

i did not make the wall I download it from this http://www.cazcie.com/ Go to the download section and I believe it was the 2 or 3rd link. Dark Raven

ssshaw ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 8:03 PM

NOTE: both dr. geep's and Jeff's solutions are useful in different situations. Jeff's "subset" approach creates a library entry that loads back in as TWO independent props. Dr. Geep's "Export" approach (I assume he's referrring to "Export/Wavefront OBJ") creates ONE prop object - at the cost of having the new OBJ file for you to put somewhere in Geometries. -- Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.