Sat, Oct 5, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Fun with displacement mapping

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 1:36 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

file_24604.jpg

Well, I posted this everywhere else ... I might as well bring forth a little laughter at Renderosity, also.

P4/P5 cat with default texture. Noise shader plugged into Displacement channel, with displacement value set to 2.

Rendered in FireFly; displacement enabled, shadows enabled, ray tracing disabled. Roughly one minute to render at 512x383, Win98 Pentium 3-850MHz with 128MB. No postwork.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 1:37 AM

Chia-Cat is a trademark of no one in particular.

Spanki ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:25 AM

Hehe.. that rocks, LD.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 4:06 AM

Cool. That loos great. Don't think I am being an ass but when I was a kid I had carpet in my room that looked just like that. I'de like to see the same thing on Vicky. Bet that would be cool. Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 4:16 AM

The material room is fun, I like it. Wonder how long it will take till someone does a "bear" skin rug with a "bare" skin Vicky? :) Niles

Sue88 ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 7:28 AM

Hehe, that's cute, LD. You know this would make a great stuffed animal toy prop! Once I tried to put some hair on the P4 cat's head in the hair room, but it seemed that it would need too many strands of hair to make it believable - than you have all those other body parts, too. So, I stopped that experiment. But it seems that displacement mapping is the way to go! Sue

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 7:31 AM

Hehe, that is too funny. Cool stuff, LD. I like the Furry Vicky idea, too. I may just have to get me Poser 5. :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 7:48 AM

I have carpet that looks like that right now. It isn't shaped like that, though. It's flat. Very nice, btw.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 10:02 AM

We actually got a present last year that looks like that. It was a stuffed cat with wirebrush-like stuff for fur. It's buried in a closet somewhere.

creativechaos ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 8:05 PM

Hey, that kinda looks like a plush, stuffed animal...must go find teddy bear to wait on getting P5

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.