Wed, Sep 18, 1:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Wanting to Make a Wall Prop in Poser 4 propack

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 3:29 AM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:58 AM

Im trying to make a wall with a window/door is this possible using just poser. Im wanting to use the prop types using just the squares then make the window/Door open and close, and what I need to do to make textures for it. If anyone can help me or knows where I can find a simple tut realated to this please let me know thanks DaRk RaVeN

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 3:44 AM

Traveler has a tutorial, complete with sample files, at Morph World 3.0. For additional feedback, check the class reports at RunTime DNA. Look in the D.S.L. Lab forum; you'll probably have to click the archive link and browse back to the earliest posts (Class #1 - Making a Prop Posable).

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 11:20 AM

Attached Link: Sliding Glass Door.

It can be done in Poser, but it would be better to make the wall in a modeling app like the free Anim8tor, or Metasequoia, that way the wall could be made out of sections and you could use one small texture map repeated on each section, instead of one big texture map.

I once tried making a walls out of tiled poser squares, saving them to a single obj, but it didn't work very well, if the wall got too big chinks of light started to show through between the squares. You can use one square scaled up with a transmap for the windows and door, but you have the problem of needing a large texture map.

Take a look at my sliding glass door prop for an example, it was made entirely within Poser4. There are three objects in this prop, the wall and door frame is one object, the two doors are the others. Note that the limits were set for some of the channels so that the only motion possible for the doors is to slide, the doors are patented to the wall. The transmap method was used to make a hole in the wall for the door.

The entire thing was made from Poser primitives, except the door handles which are the Magic Morphing torus.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/sf/zip/sfshopdoor.zip

Scale and align your props to make the wall and frames for the door and window, export the whole lot as one obj file to turn it into one prop, then do the same for each door and window. To set the pivot (hinge) for the door, from the Poser menu bar Object>properties, and tick display origin, then move the origin to the edge of the door.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.