Tue, Oct 22, 3:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Anyone like working with Aztec themes?

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:01 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 4:06 AM

file_24657.jpg

One of my newest themes in my future work is going to surround the Aztec culture. Is there any one interested in the forum to forming a group or club? Meaning individuals interested in making and trading props, clothing, and sharing resource materials on the Aztecs. If your interested in this idea just leave a note.

The images above are a model of the Aztec City, which is free and can be down loaded from 3Dcafe.com. My first step forward in my new Aztec adventure. I have stared mapping every part of this Dyarama (2 buildings maped out of 11 completed) and eventually will be texturing the whole thing. Each building has anywhere from 7 to 10 maps each at 2000 X 2000 or higher. I hope to eventually get it all into Vue d'Sprit.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:20 PM

Nicely done. I was just looking at the Woodland Defdenders last night and thinking it might adapt well to Aztec costuming. Anything historical will grab my attention.

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:52 PM

VirtualSite, I am not familiar with Woodland Defenders pkg.- I did a search here, but nothing. Where did you see it? I would love to take a look.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 4:17 PM

It's at DAZ -- it's a prop set, as opposed to a clothing set. But the basic structure is there and could be reworked to suit this. BTW: where at 3d cafe? I went hunting under "architecture" and couldn't find it.

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 4:52 PM

The Aztec City is Under "Archecture" and then scroll down to "Landmarks" it's the second one. The file name is: az_city.zip 3DS 650Kb (Aztec city) :-) I going to take a look at Daz

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 5:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/arch_pic.asp

VS, the link to that file is here if you haven't found it. It's the 3rd from the right on the 1st row.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 5:53 PM

macmullin, What scale do you think this city would need to be to use with poser people. I've been messing around with it and I found you'd need to scale it to about 100,000 but it looks a little big at that scale.

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 6:51 PM

file_24658.jpg

I scale the people way down (25%) and bring the scale of the city up (judge). Judging from the photograph(s)like this one, the scale of the person are roughly 6 steps to the average height. Moreover, I separated every building from the original model and re-mapped and brought them in separately. This is when I create an image any thing that is not in the picture plain can be deleted or I can scale things up without the whole city.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 9:49 PM

Macmullin, thanks for this amazing model. As someone very interested in Mica history and culture, I look forward to your endeavors along these lines. Is your city model based on Tenochtitl or another historical site?

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 11:10 PM

file_24659.jpg

Started tinkering with this in Carrara about a year a go. Never got further than this.

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 11:11 PM

file_24660.jpg

Another a little closer, texture from a current ruin.

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 11:14 PM

file_24661.jpg

artistic drawing of what it looked like when it was in use.

ablc ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 2:17 AM

if you need some pics from Cob (central america), IM me and i will put them online. - game field - sacrifice stone - amphiteahter - jaguar temple and quetzacatle of course Laurent

brittmccary ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 8:24 AM

Image Loading... One of mine. This is a terrain I created for Terragen. I'm working on the aztec city also.. but in Bryce. I've taken the model apart, - because that way it's easier to work with, - and the file size is considerably smaller. Britt PS. I also have a US DEM (and a terragen terrain) file of Ampato, where the Isen Maiden was found. She was apparently sacrificed to the god on the well known vulcano. Later several other mummies have been found other places in Peru and Bolivia.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 8:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jqjacobs.net/mesoamerica/images/tenochti.jpg

The link provided is an image of a large scale model of the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan - the very same one as the 3D model. A large murals on the wall shows the city and causeways leading to the great metropolis. The entire city was leveled by the Spanish invaders. I plan at this time to make the model if it were found in its present day condition. Making it in that time period will take a lot more research.

weirdass ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 2:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.weirdass.net

Miguel Leon Portilla and Eduardo Matos Mochtezuma are the preminent scholars on the Mexica (only the spanish called them aztecs). Both are based in Mexico City, which is built on the ruins of Tenochtitlan and Texcoco. The former was the ceremonial center (Vatican) of the Mexica Triple Alliance and the latter was the working city (Rome). Just like the Catholic empire, the names of the two are synonomous. Tenochtitlan was the Venice of the Americas, a city whose principal mode of transport were canals trafficked by flat bottom canoes carrying crops and goods to the lodge houses of the Mexica lords from their feudally controlled chinampas (manmade islands for the agricultural exploitation of lake Texcoco). The Mexica were bastards, warrior poets who conquered and cruelly subjugated their captives. Two principal warrior societies controlled the material empire (eagle and jaguar lodges) while the priests of Huitzilopochtli, Tlaoc, Tezcatlipoca, and Quetzalcoatl controlled both empirical bureacracy and common folk. They admired the Toltec in the way that we westerners do the Ancient Hellenists. To the Mexica, flower power was a metaphor for wafare. The symbol of power carried by their governors was a mere bouquet with each flower representing a scarifice to heaven. On one day in 1489, during the "new fire ceremony" the Mexica rendered 15,000 sacrifices on the chac mool of their patron god Huitzilopochtli in Tenochtitlan. (the large pyramid in ppowela's post) I suggest getting a look at the Codex Nuttal, which is a survivng Mexica book detailing both Costume and custom. Keep me appraised of your progress, and if you need any further background, contact me.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 6:43 PM

Thank you for the great information at this point every bit helps- I will be looking out for the book. I have studied over the years mostly ancient north Americans - Paelo-Indian, Meso-Indian, and Neo-Indian. But did take one half credit in university on the Zinacantecos and modern Maya life and culture and their customs. But, nothing as far back as what is depicted in the model. I guess what I am looking for in research at this time like you have suggested is in area of material history - costumes, pottery, tools, codexs, murals, etc - which I must admit I don't know very much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.