Sat, Sep 21, 5:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Pro's and Con's

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 9:48 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:23 PM

Im about sick of Poser 4 lights. I did two final renders of the same picture, one in poser for and one in 3d studio max. The one in poser for showed slight discoloring (some purple patches) in the shadows. The one of 3d studio max came out flawless. Well anyway I want to find out if I can fix this problem with poser or if it's just a 'con' of the program. I also want to know when the Poser->3d Studio Max movement plugin is comming out. Last but not least does 3d studio support the transmaps like poser does? Thanks Colt

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 5:24 AM

Yes, MAX supports transparency maps (and way way more). As to Konan's plug-in, the last I heard was that he was making certain there were no "features" hidden in the code. Paul

ratta ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 6:51 AM

Not sure if you've tried this already, but sometimes upping the resolution of the shadow maps helps the patchy shadows. I never used to render in Poser, but since I haven't been able to do a full scene in a while, I've tried to get into rendering with it more. Higher res shadows helps. --ratta

MadRed ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 7:41 AM

Try setting the Shadow Map Size to at least 512. Memory hog, but the results are better. I render exclusively in P4 (Bryce will come one day) and I agree that lighting is double-plus tough to do perfectly. You might also try adjusting the Highlight color, and the Ambient color, and Highlight Size, to get rid of the 'purples.'

true.northstar ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 12:26 PM

Poser wasn't made for rendering, so... I'd stick with a program that either was made for rendering (Bryce...) or with Max (really can't go wrong with Max :)

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 1:16 PM

check my tutorial here http://the-internet-eye.com for poser to max with trans maps........Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.