Sat, Sep 21, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: vicky textures

CobaltDragon ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 4:31 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

I'm just curious as to what people think is the best texture map for vicky thats out there to be had?

guarie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 5:16 AM

Oooh that's a tough one. It all comes down to personal taste, needs or how much you're willing to spend. I love Chyna by Dave71 (Fantasy Desires here in the RMP) - she's a voluptious lass with spunk. I also swear by Glamour by Dalinise (in the MP) as well. In the free stuff area there's Kara by Krystin or Steena by Stenographics if you want to get your feet wet first. Both are really high quality textures/figures. I'm sure you're gonna end up with lots of different opinions as we all like something different. Good luck!

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:05 AM

Hmm. My current favourite is Oxana by Byte Me Ok. I also really like Maia & Morgaine by Blackhearted, Rio and Kiera. I have lots of favourites but those are the ones that come to my mind right now :)

herr67 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:22 PM

Oxana from Byte Me and Kyrie 2.0 from Visual Silence

dogsbody ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 5:02 PM

I agree with Guarie, it's a lot to do with your immediate need - no use owning Oxana if you're after a Med or Caribbean look. (BTW, Oxana is high on my list of "to buy"). For freebies, the most versatile (and used) texture that I've found is Janjay from Eowyn and Papu (thank you guys!), but I can't find it online at the moment. You could check out the attic at [url]http://www.theattic.nl/[/url] and ask them... My most used "pay" texture/character is "Bliss" which conveniently comes in versions for both Stephanie and Victoria. I have to admit to hacking the map (including stealing bits of the Janjay tan-line map) and to derive some "shaved" textures to satisfy a lengthy storyline that I'm working on. If you have a particular "look" that you are trying to achieve, post more details and you'll get a more focused response, but meanwhile hope this helps Dogsbody

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:44 PM

Of all the ones I have - bought or free - I like Eowyn's conversions of Staale's P4 textures the most. Very usable, they don't impose too much of themselves on Victoria, which leaves you free to play around with body and face shaping. For example, the "Nameless" texture, good though it is, is far too striking (IMO) and makes it difficult to make Victoria look like anything else when using it. I believe a good texture should combine simple colour, flaws and basic skin texture, without overdoing the character aspect. I think it's a good idea to shape a character without a texture first, then add in the skin after. Further to this, I'm currently playing around with the idea of generic skin textures and tones, with minimal shaping and shading, to allow me to create hundreds of different looks easily.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 12:53 AM

Hey guys, Janjay and other Staale texture conversions are still available at The Attic. Janjay and Marielle (and my own Shari) are in the Free Downloads / Characters and the others in Free Downloads / Textures :)

CobaltDragon ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 2:49 AM

thanks everyone and now i have some hunting and gathereing to do so it seems. I thought about going for a super realistic texture but am thinking that I might just want to break out the digital camera and find a willing model to try my hand at making a texture that way. If it works out for me I will be sure to give it to the Renderosity community as a way of giving to those who have given to me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.