Wed, Sep 18, 1:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need Help Importing my Daz Vicky Into Bryce 5

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 8:40 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 4:22 AM

Hello I finally got around to making my first scene in bryce 5 that was custom made for a character I made in poser 4/pro pack, since it was made from primitive objects I cant export it from bryce to poser so I tried the other way from poser to bryce, now I tried exporting my vicki character two ways, the first way when exporting I just selected the defult settings after saveing the obj file and get and out of memeory error, so I tried to export it with the first option checked I cant remember it exactly off hand something about naming poloygons or something anyways that one imported my character but the hair and face textures of my character along with the clothes where all messed up either all black or white so can anyone help me in how to import my character correctly what im doing seems not to be working thanks Dark_Raven

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 10:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.castironflamingo.com/tutorial/grouper/index.html

Yeah, go get Grouper here at this link. Save your Vickey as a .obj and open it in grouper then convert and resave. Then bring the resaved one into Bryce. This should help a lot. If you have problems with the hair transmaps, there is another tut on how to fix this. http://www.graphicsattic.com/cg/we.htm I know its a hassle, but well worth it. By the way, if you make all your objects in terrain or lattice or you import them as .obj's from another program, you can texture and export them for use in Poser. You can exort the image of your sky and use that as a backdrop. So it is possible to go bryce to poser if you don't use trees, metaballs, or primatives. Bryce will export a mtl file with your terrain/lattice/import model which Poser will read, but because of the light lab in Bryce being so powerful and all, I tend to do what you did, poser to bryce.

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 9:03 AM

Thank you I give the grouper a go at it Dark_Raven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.