Mon, Oct 21, 8:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:55 pm)

Subject: Materials question

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:21 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 4:07 AM

I'm sitting here with a TON of materials for Bryce and Vue, and was wondering if there's anyway to convert them to the .mz5 format for use in P5. Anyone know how? Thanks!

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:44 AM

if someone can find a way of converting Bryce & vue mat files into readable text, then it shouldn't be too difficult to do, if you unzip an mz5 file into an mt5 file it's in the same format as a pose or cr2 file

williamsheil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 9:17 AM

There is probably way too much divergence in the algorithms used in Bryce and P5 materials to make a convertor practical. Bryce is an extermely proprierty format, and although I've decoded most of the object description and organisation, I've never attempted reverse engineering the material blocks. The best approach (with Bryce 4 & 5) would be to apply the material to a flat plane (for example), then export it as an object, along with the texture map in a format useable by Poser. Bill

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:42 PM

dont think you can use it by copying.but looking how the the mats are setup in bryce and using similar setups in poser5 is a great help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.