Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Assistance request: Mirrors in poser

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 11:51 AM ยท edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 7:37 PM

Is this effect possible if so could some fair minded person explained to this foul beast of an artist

Ikyoto ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 1:00 PM

The only way to pull it off would be to make a scene from the point of view of the mirro andthen texture a flat object with this image. Then go back into poser and re-do the scene in front of this but REVERSE everything. Or find Bryce at one of the online auction places. It makes wonderful reflective surfaces.

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 1:04 PM

Poser 4 does not have true reflections. The "Reflections" dial in the Materials requester is what's called an Environment reflection. Simply this means that a global picture/map will be reflected in the materials you choose. As this is nice for a sunset reflection in a pair of sun glasses or a great metalic chrome look. You can not place a mirror object in poser and hope it will reflect the surrounding objects. Sorry. Your best bet is to set up things in Poser and export the figures and objs into another program like Bryce (Or any program that has true reflection rendering) and do your rendering there. The only work around is to try to fake the reflection by doing post work in PSD or PhotoShop. Render 2 pics in Poser. 1: The actual scene. 2: One with every thing you want reflected behind the mirror obj. (diffucult) hope this helps. James

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 5:20 PM

I tell me the same question like you for the giger-mirror i'm working on. I came to the same solution like Ikyoto. Make a close render of the mirror-view apply it to a prop, and render the original-view (180 turn). SHARKEY

JohnW ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 5:58 PM

I've also seen a post by Paul Hafeli, (and done the same thing myself afterward) where you copy the objects and reverse them, and pose the second copy behind the mirror to be the reflection. It's tedious, but the results are often worth it. The picture of Sadie on my site was done that way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.