Thu, Sep 19, 8:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 with Patch - Works Well!

spook ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:09 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 9:45 AM

it renders faster, doesn't do strange things to the image refresh, and best of all, it seems to know how to use the memory cache correctly. i can render full production mode in firefly with every option checked and get a final image in poser 4 time. (well.... faster than before, at least. but firefly draft mode renders in poser 4 time.) no changes to memory, video, or OS. that's good news, non?

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:13 AM

Yea, my patched-P5 is working much better. A lot of people are still having problems, though.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:29 AM

Out of curiosity, did you dl the full patch or the two parts? And what OS are you running?

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:49 AM

mine is much better too and without any probs. Os: win xp home

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:59 AM

I d/l the patches separately. Win2kPro.

BlueGundam ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 3:25 AM

Does anybody have a patch

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:54 AM

patch works fine here ... Win2KPro Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 7:14 AM

Having no problems, full patch, xp home

Tirjasdyn

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 7:17 AM

I wasn't having any real problems before the patch except the transmapped hair stuff (I didn't notice it because I don't do complex renders in Poser). After the patch it is definately faster.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 7:21 AM

no major problems with the unpatched version, like soulhuntre the transmapped hair had me stumped but since the patch no problems at all :) One Happy Bunny here :)

narsil ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 8:11 AM

file_26343.jpg

loaded reference figure and scene

Poser 4.03 render 5mins 13secs

pre SR1

Poser 5 draft render 8min 10secs

Poser 5 Production render 26mins 37 seconds

Post SR1

Poser 5 draft render 4mins 32 secs

poser 5 production render 6 mins 32

Snappier around the rooms too!

To give the beastie a work out I used

Victoria 2 with full size (4000x4000) SteffyZ Gaia texture)

PWFW Castle Entrance Scene and Viccy evening dress

Resolution much reduced for upload.

I am running a bog standard AMD 1.2Ghz with 512 PC133 memory

Win2kPro SR2 and latest ATI Radeon drivers

Its works... what more can I say

One Delighted Narsil

-Waldo- ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 11:18 AM

I do not understand why P5 need to add ojects and some other garbages on each frame in animation mode, maybe it is bug that CL need to fix and clean up. Can you please compare the speed on p3/p4 and p5? Waldoo

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:09 PM

Worked OK pre patch, only played around learing the new rooms. Workes even better post patch. Downloaded full patch for a P4 1.6 GHz XP home system. Mouse scroll works, YES! Does seem snappier. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

pigfish ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:12 PM

I installed the utility only upgrade on my P5 crashed completely. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling just to get the original P4 to work. Upon executing the Poser 5 file, my screen went black and I got this Windows error: Error: 0E: 018F: BFF6C172 When I hit Ctrl,Alt,Del to restart, I got a second error: Error: OE: 0028: C002F972 Had to turn the PC off and try again. I'm running WindowsME (against my will). Has anyone else had this problem? I e-mailed the bugs section listed in the update info. Meanwhile, I'll dream about well-rendered fire fly hair.

narsil ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:42 PM

pigfish there is a patch for win98/ME users on the CL download - did you install it - its a .vxd device driver PaulC

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:11 PM

The OE: 0028 is addressed at the ms knowledge base. I ran through that on ME last year until I learned that Easy CD Creator had to be uninstalled and ME rerun from a windows prompt. Haven't had it since.

spook ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 2:27 PM

hello, EricofSD. i downloaded the patch in two parts. i'm running win 2000 w/512MB RAM on a dell optiplex.

noggin ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 3:48 PM

Yep I got on ok with the two (seperate) patches _I'm on XP Home. No major problems pre upgrade but agree, it seems to render a tad quicker. (tho start up seems slower to me) However the content upgrade still hasn't sorted the full body morphs in Don's L upper chest. Only his R pec seems to work (amongst others)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.