Fri, Sep 20, 7:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Question about P5 and the Hair Room...

Romanboy75 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 6:11 AM

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting to the forum, but I need some help from other Poser Users. I currently have P4 and I love it, but I want to buy P5. I am really scared about buying it after reading what others have wrote about it. The reason why I want to buy it is for the Hair Room. I have seen pictures of hair created in the Hair Room and it looks great! Well, here is my question: I know you can grow hair on props to simulate fur or grass, but can you apply the hair to Michael's face to make a goatee or beard? I use Michael a lot in my work and I would really love it if he could have a real chin goatee or beard. If P5 could give Michael real facial hair then I would buy it and suffer through the other problems. I purchased the Millennium Beard from Daz and it is great for poses, but it doesn't work that great for me in my animations. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Keith
Romanboy75

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=904997

I haven't tried it but I think you can do it. But you're in a Catch-22 situation: You need the P5 FireFly renderer to render the hair well but FireFly is soooooo slow, rendering an animation in it can take forever. Might even render it useless to you (pun intended). Check the link about rendering times. There are other references here, too.

triceratops2001 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 12:39 AM

Yes you can grow hair on anywhere of Michael, and the hair is realy great in still image. But since the collision of hair and the body will make the hair look really ugly, I don't think is good to use in animations. You can find some post about it here.

Hattori ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 9:24 AM

The hair room is really a great step to poser,you can grow hair whatever you want with the group tool.But the hair simulation does not work perfectly in animation yet.hope the next patch fix this problem.

Romanboy75 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 3:06 PM

Thank Everyone for your help. After thinking hard about the issue, I decided just to stay with P4 and ProPack until I feel P5 is worth buying. I figure if I have something great, then I don't need anything else. Sorry P5, I guess you are not for me at this time.

Keith
Romanboy75

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.