Sun, Sep 22, 1:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Canoma now owned by Adobe, is Poser/Bryce far behind?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2000 at 6:49 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:38 AM

Check out Metacreations home page... Canoma is now an Adobe product! Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2000 at 7:32 AM

Hmmm, not sure whether to be delighted or very very afraid :) I'm really happy that Canoma has got a home and that it's with a very reputable company. But, knowing the sort of prices that Adobe gets for it's software........ Paul

josiahpugh ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2000 at 8:17 AM

I hope that a very loving company takes up both Bryce & Poser, and makes them work perfectly together. I love both very much, and I hope that they find a home. And I hope that they release a new version of them very soon, with amazing new features.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2000 at 8:49 AM

Actually Adobe isn't that bad once a compeditor comes out. Paint Shop Pro hit the market and Photoshop got cheaper. And everytime Adobe gets a product other companies jump on developong their own version that works with the same fiels and is cheaper.

Idol ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2000 at 12:15 PM

I hope some company will make Poser and Carrara working together, and it's not bad if they even integrate Bryce to...

bast ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2000 at 10:37 PM

Adobe, or Macromedia picking up Poser would be the best thing to ever happen to it short of Discreet/Kinetix. One of the "problems" faced by almost all products out of Metacreations that has in the end affected their marketability, is they are not considered "serious" products by the graphics industry. Quite frankly, though they produce LOVELY end results, the nonstandard interfaces, quirky/and-or/artistic controls, etc, have inhibited the graphics industry from even wishing to hire those who only have experience in metacreations products. Adobe or one of the other "serious" houses such as Discreet would do a world of good for any metacreations product by standardizing interface, import, export and other issues, as well as improving the workflow so that one can work in these products at commecial production speeds. Also any product picked up by Adobe or one of the better houses will have tons of "plugins" made for it to expand it's usability. Expensive? yes, Adobe is. Worth it? Definately. By knowing Adobe products inside and outside, one gets JOBS. Jobs pay money, money buys cutesy programs like Poser that your boss thinks is not a serious product so won't buy for you ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.