Mon, Oct 21, 6:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Character WIP - win the finished package

eirian ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 1:37 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 5:43 AM

file_27516.jpg

Inspired by a new friend, this is a new character/texture package for Victoria 2. She will come with a natural head texture, a range of makeup styles and a tattoo head texture, and three body textures - two different tattoo/body paint styles and a natural body. Plus head and body morphs...and anything else I can think of. Any suggestions for additions to the package are welcome. I've been calling her "Cherry Blossom" after her tattoos, but there are already two characters in the marketplace with that name. So, I need some help. Any ideas what I can name this beauty? Suggestions in this thread only, please - and the winning name will receive a free copy of the finished package.

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 1:56 PM

Akina means "spring flower", and Hana means simply "flower", Mika means "flower stem", should you wish to stay within your 'blossom' idea... Another wonderful name would be Nyoko which means "gem"... [names above are Japanese, if this matters] Hope this might help you in your quest... :))

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 1:59 PM

Oh, and Tamika and Tamiko both mean "child of the people", which she would be in a sense once she is in the MP, non? ;)

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 2:06 PM

but my actually entry [as i am assuming you might be limiting it to one per person???] will be ... Kohana, which means "little flower"... it's a name i was reserving for a character i have been working upon, but because she has changed so much, it no longer truly suits her, so you're welcome to it...

eirian ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 2:26 PM

Wow. Great ideas, Giana. No, you can have as many entries as you like. I am hoping to have the package finished by this weekend, so my unofficial contest here is open until midnight Friday (Renderosity time). Thanks!

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 3:05 PM

How about Yuurei? It means "Little Ghost"... Sakura is prolly already taken... Hitomi

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

procchi ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 7:56 PM

Sakura is taken - A Diane Thurgriff character. My Suggestions: Asa (Morning) Hanako(Flower) Haruko (Spring - Cherry Blossoms are the sign of Spring)Miyuki (Tranquility) Leaving the Japanese: Mali (Thai - Flower) Chloe (Greek - Blooming) Cherie (French - "Dear one" - but quite close in sound to "Cherise" - Cherry for a bilingual pun.) I hope these help

Disciple3d ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 11:14 PM

Natsuko, meaning "summer girl". Also, this is my amerasian daughter's name. She was born in Summer while I was working in Japan. :) A shortened familiar way of saying it would be Na'Chan, which would be the way you might called a young girl with that name. Both cute names for a character, I think.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

JetM ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 11:21 PM

How 'bout Cheri? Kinda like Cherry... but not :)

rasputina ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 8:27 AM

how about Joss which means luck. Michiru..Tamzin, or Asai. Very pretty character.

eirian ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 10:22 AM

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I've decided to change the package slightly to include two characters instead of one. The main character (shown above) will be called Chloe, and her sister, with more fantasy-style textures, will be Hana. She should be ready for upload in a couple of days. procchi and Gianna, if you drop me an IM with your email address, I'll send you a download link when the package is ready. Thanks again to everyone for your interest in my new girl!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.