Wed, Sep 18, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need a leaf (outa your book)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 11:27 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 8:49 PM

Can anyone send me a leaf? Preferably a MAPLE leaf. Just one leaf? A single leaf? Also: How do you get Bryce to put the textures on BOTH SIDES of its leaves in treelab? Half the tree looks grey so far. Appreciate any help The Bryster Chris

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 12:46 PM

file_28075.jpg

A leaf.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 7:17 PM

TTOPs: Thank you very much! It might be just the thing. Much appreciated. Regards The Bryster (Chris)

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 8:06 PM

chris, go to www.turbosquid.com and search for leaf. there are going to be lots of free ones. including maple leafs :)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 8:09 PM

Draculaz: Many thanks.......!! Regards Chris

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 8:56 PM

I loaded a tree from the lab and selected maple leaves and trunk. It gave me a gray trunk and solid green leaves. I loaded the maple trunk and the red and orange leaf from the procedural menus. The worldspace setting produced red and orange stripes across sets of leaves, and grey undersides. Changing to parametric produced a more natural texturing with read and orange clumps of leaves and on both sides.

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 3:35 AM

file_28076.jpg

Here are some maple leaves I made from fabric...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 5:48 AM

file_28077.jpg

This is not the usual (Canadian?) maple. But I believe it's either a Japanese decorative maple or something quite similar. Or it's possibly an elder leaf. :-) I cleaned it a bit in Photoshop, and if you need a 150 dpi version, I have it. When I get home tonight, I'll scan some more leaves I picked up this morning. Not certain about what's the name for the trees I picked them off from, only for a willow leaf. I'll also pick an oak leaf and some others.

-- erlik

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 7:08 AM

Wow! You guys are the best! I just hope I can get my wip done by close of challenge. I really appreciate this. Going out and getting my own is a big problem because I'm disabled. (That's why I spend so much time on here...LOL) Many many thanks to you all. Regards The Bryster (Chris)

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 8:05 AM

Thank me when I do what I promised. :-) BTW, there's a model of sumac leaf AgentSmith picked. I downloaded it yesterday. But I can't remember where I found it, whether it was here in Free Stuff or on another site. Hmm-hm-hm .... http://www.animationpitstop.com/models/plants.shtml has some strange format of 3d files (.mdl) ... ah, Animation Master ... but the page has a free maple leaf model with texture. The Texture is a .tga of a young maple leaf. Green. And ... Wow, you find lotsa things when you dig around the Web: http://www.adventuregamer.net/html/treedesigner.html A shareware, as the name says, Tree Designing program. Useful for faraway trees. 2.5 MB. $29.95. The creator's page is dead. AgentSmith, could you, please, check and include it into the list if it's not shareware but abandonware? The guy is called Johannes Hubert.

-- erlik

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 7:37 PM

Erlik: Thanks a lot! I got the tree designer. I have to go check it out now. The pitstop worked a treat too. I'll thank you more later...........LOL Regards & Thanks The Bryster Chris

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 1:06 AM

Erlik, that's a Gum Tree leaf...:)

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 5:17 AM

I plead the Fifth, your honor. :-) They said it was maple, and I believed them.

-- erlik

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 5:29 AM

Cleared of all charges...:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.