Wed, Sep 18, 11:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Ocean/Breakers

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:38 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:41 AM

file_29098.jpg

I'm not looking for advice for improvements on this pic, because I was working from a photo reference and am close enough to the original to feel comfortable posting a 1024 x 768 in the gallery. I just wanted to show the results I got by building a wave and foam breakers by using terrains hand painted in Bryce. I never got an ocean pic to look this good before. I still had to use Photoshop to give the wave the spilling-over-into-the-foam and rising-up-in-front-of-the-wave look. This is the original render.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:41 PM

file_29099.jpg

...And this is the Postwork version. Now, the reason for this thread. I am interested in finding out if you guys have tried to "make waves", and what your solutions were, and what they look like. Thanks!

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=268161&Start=1&Artist=tjohn&ByArtist=Yes

And if you're interested in the 1024 version, here's a link.

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 4:31 PM

I've came across many different approaches to creating waves with Bryce. But from the image you've posted it's clear that you're on top of it all. I use terrains to create waves. Cannot find any suggestions for improvement, the picture looks great the way it is. Great work, TT.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 4:47 PM

You also might try setting the material on your breakers to Fuzzy in the mat lab, that might help ya out a bit before going to post processing. Looks pretty good though.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 6:54 PM

This is a beautiful seascape tjohn. I've been trying for ages to get a decent breakers effect, but as yet it's not up to the mark so you don't see any in my work. I think I'll try your tips and see if I can make something useful. Again, a lovely piece of work. Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 3:19 AM

Haven't tried a seascape yet, but thanks for the tips, would you consider a tutorial? This sounds like something everyone could use...just a thought :)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

airflamesred ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 9:37 AM

these look great - whats the mat? my only criticism would be to fade the ends ( semi-circular in terrain I guess)if you see what I mean

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.