Sat, Sep 21, 5:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Any advice please?

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 5:26 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

I have just installed Poser 5 on my PC but find that it takes an age (literally minutes) to render even the most basic of images. I am still toying with the programme and so may be overlooking something. It's possible that it's just my PC letting me down, it's a 533mhz cpu with a Voodoo 300 graphics card and something in the region of 320 RAM. Any advice that doesn't involve remortgaging my house would be appreciated. Thanks.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 7:27 AM

You need to add the service packs, go to Curious Labs and download all the patches and it will improve in my opinion 90% in speed....Sharen PS: when you install the patches, make sure your anitvirus is off and any firewalls are off....no other programs running, this will ensure and smooth transition

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 7:30 AM

Also search for the thread titled "lighting a fire under the fly" started by nerd, he posted quite a few really good tips for speeding up your renders, but like Sharen said the patches are the best place to start. Rob

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 7:59 AM

frankly for the most part is is your PC letting you down as you suspected, though the patches will help. most of the new features are very ram and processor intensive so many features are somewhat slow even on a fast processor. you are at the bare minimum CPU for running P5 and 320mb of ram is rather anemic as well so don't expect any burst of speed without any upgrades in those areas.

crusher0000 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:10 AM

And the most important thing you will need in the future is a fast cable modem for all those patches and fixes and patch-fixes. ;-)

Sorry for the sacrasm but i hope someone can feel how it is to suck lots of patches through an 56K modem and knowing that this 15MB-Patch wouldnt be the last one.

Ron

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 5:17 AM

Thanks for all you comments and suggestions, and I forgive the sarcasm as I had to resort to getting a buddy to download the 47mb file from Curious Labs! Yep, it's about time I gave my anaemic PC some extra iron in the way of an extensive (and expensive!) RAM boost. Cheers to all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.