Wed, Sep 18, 11:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OK this is what I mean for November Challenge Entry

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 4:55 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 9:38 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_30778.jpg

"The Coffee Break of Venus" A double latte and a smoke for the goddess of beauty and love. I think this qualifies. It has both fantasy elements and magical elements. There are multiple characters. This is MY Land of Fantasy. A place where the figures in a painting are just working stiffs like the rest of us. Well, pidgy (and anybody else) does this qualify? If it does, this is my entry. Thanks.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 5:12 PM

Lol...clever, very clever. Even as the last challenge had shown, any theme is open to interpretaion. Autumn was taking place on earth, in space, realistically, in abstract, etc. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 5:14 PM

I just posted a 1024 x 768 version in my gallery if anyone wants to see it. The smaller image always seems to lose some texture details. On the other hand, shrinking the image does get rid of a lot of jaggies.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 5:19 PM

LOL, ah I LOVE IT.....what a great pic....!!!!!...Sharen

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 5:59 PM

Oooh Yes, the mind of an artist is a strange place. Great Pic!!

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 7:56 PM

She looks odd without her hair. I always like the idea of people stepping in and out of paintings. Probably one of my favorite bits from the Harry Potter books. Lin

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 8:08 PM

Great imagination and image tjohn. Definitely in the relm of fantasy to me.:)

Trouble ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 8:13 PM

hahaha I'd say that qualifies!!! What a super imagination you have. Cie

cshaftoe ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 8:30 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't beleive you, TJohn. Congrats! If you're on medication, I want some......... Brilliant! Words just don't cut it! The Bryster (CHRIS)

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 10:17 PM

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!!!!! well, not really. more like hers. awesome awesome job!!! drac

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 11:21 PM

Thank you, everyone. -Tjohn

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 11:29 PM

Oh, by the way, you might get a laugh out of this, I obsessed for an hour over the figure in Poser, trying to get the rounded belly of Venus to look like the painting, only to pose and light her in such a way that you couldn't see it. Oh well.

FWTempest ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 2:05 AM

kinda funny how she's very modest in the painting but let's it all hang out on her break. great image.

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 2:18 AM

PR, Tempest, PR. :-) Great idea, great picture. tjohn, what did you do about the belly? Used magnets?

-- erlik

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 3:56 AM

Gotta say, I like it...I went to a "living exhibit" in Washington D.C. last year...you walk into a room with paintings on the wall, until you actually get close, you see that they are REAL PEOPLE, dressed, make up, posed just like the Masters paintings, there was Degas ballerinas, VanMeer, Rembrandt self portrait (the guy was really scary he looked so much like Rembrandt), paintings by the Pre-Raphealites, it was a truely amazing exhibit...and when they took breaks that's exactly how the paintings looked! Misssing figure, dogs, etc. You captured it perfectly!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 6:11 AM

Perfect!! Cant think of any other word.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 7:49 AM

For Erlik: I am a little ashamed to say I have had Poser since v3 and am now trying to justify the cost of the upgrade to 5, and have never learned to use magnets. I actually just sized some parts in the z direction, since a bulge on her back wouldn't show. Of course the bulge on her front didn't show either. :^)

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 10:19 AM

Cool! I couldn't have thought of anything better. Really original and quite funny.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 2:39 PM

Funny, well done.

humorix ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 11:10 PM

10++++++++ for wild imagination! Tremendous concept and great sense of humour!

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:44 PM

Thanks once again to all who have commented here. I have seen all of the galleries of the Artists in this thread, and consider all of you to be among the most talented artists that post to the galleries here (definitely bubbling in the top 30-40). :^) Praise from a group of Artists such as yourselves is praise indeed. I know that I usually write with a bit of tongue-in-cheek, but I am being sincere now in saying I am very touched. Tjohn PS. The version of this I posted to the Bryce gallery is doing very well, hit, comment, and ratings-wise, which just reflects the tone of the comments here. This is very gratifying to me personally. I'm walking on air. (no please don't pinch me...if I'm dreaming I don't want to wake up)

humorix ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 11:17 PM

:-( Just when I'm walking around with a pair of booleaned tweezers you ask me to desist!!! But never knew Venus asked Senead O'connor on tips on coiffure! ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.