Tue, Oct 22, 5:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Saving body rotation problem

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 10:16 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:45 AM

When saving a pose, is it possible to include the overall body rotation in the pz2? If so, how? g I have opened the pz2 and there seems to be no reference for the overall body positioning, so on the surface it doesn't seem possible. I throw myself on the mercy of the poser gurus here. Please help! Many thanks.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 12:36 PM

Body translation/rotation/scaling/etc. isn't automatically saved in a pose file, although I believe the information is saved in pz3 files. You could copy-and-paste to the pz2 with a text editor, although that seems a bit tedious.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 12:36 PM

You need to position/rotate the hip, and the feet and/or hands if IK is on.

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 12:40 PM

Doh! I figured out the hip thing. Thanks for your help.

KattMan ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 12:41 PM

One problem with saving body rotations, you will be changing the location that the body is placed by the artist. The best method is to not move the body from the standard location for poses and do all rotations using the hip. Now if this is a pose set to fit a scene (like a guy sitting on that stool at the bar) you will have to add the changes to the pose file for the body. This is the only instance where the body should be moved from it's standard location.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 2:33 PM

You can't save BODY rotations or translations from within the Poser4 interface, but you can add them by hand with a text editor. Add a BODY actor to the pz2 just above the hip actor, leave the key values for channels you don't want to affect blank, or leave those channels out all together. Thus the statement that "One problem with saving body rotations, you will be changing the location that the body is placed by the artist." is incorect, as you can change the rotations without affecting the location.

Below is an example of a partial pose file that will rotate the BODY 90 degrees Y, and the hip 20 degrees X. You can cut it out, save it with a pz2 extension, and experiment, changing the values or adding and deleting channels. This is just an example of a partial pose file, but you should be able to see how it could be applied to a full pose file by copying the BODY section over.

{
version
{
number
}

actor BODY
{
channels
{
rotateY yrot
{
keys
{
k 0 90
}
}
}
}
actor hip
{
channels
{
rotateX xrot
{
keys
{
k 0 20
}
}
}
}

figure
{
}
}

P.S. saving this in a format that you can cut and paste has removed the indentation, but this will not effect the operation of the file.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 2:47 PM

You can also use the free utilities Mat Pose Edit v2.0.2, or Morph Manager v4, to extract pose data (including BODY) from a cr2 file. but I suggest you will find it easier (though probably slower) to do it in a text editor as in post #6, until you get a bit of practice and understanding of what you are doing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.