Fri, Sep 20, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poseralopithecus: Poser Skeleton Rebuild With Texture

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 4:03 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:43 AM

file_31059.jpg

I spent part of the afternoon creating a basic texture for my new skeleton project (no bumps yet). It's just the first coat of paint, and it is not even dry yet... I thought I would throw up these renders to give a more accurate depiction of the models potential when it's completed. If any one is interested in constructing their own Poseralopithecus.

See Threads:

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=950645

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=930623

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 4:04 PM

file_31060.jpg

Skull Rendering

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 4:20 PM

It's a good thing that DAZ doesn't not moderate these forums. They might be tempted to lock these threads for fear that you're cutting into the sales of their two skeletons. ;-) Hey, Dan Farr, the rest of you guys? If you do drop in from time to time, please realize I'm just teasing. Don't void my Platinum Club membership! I'll be good! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

rodzilla ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 4:33 PM

looks good but just an observation...his/her shoulders aren't connected,there should be a "ball" type joint at the top of the humourous,not unlike the top the thigh at the hip joint...i've seen enough xrays of my own,i've broken them both at different times,but they never looked like that!

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 4:45 PM

It's there rodzilla... It's just the angle I have the arms at. When you move the shoulder up and around it falls in to its proper place and looks correct. :-)

E-Arkham ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 5:17 PM

It's a shame you can't redistribute or sell that, since the texture wouldn't necessarily work with any skeletons the rest of us make with same bits; UVMaps just wouldn't necessarily match. Looks really wonderful. ...though... maybe you can redistribute. Perhaps you can edit the CR2, remove the vertices/geometries and such, and have it just point at the appropriate .OBJ files for each part? It'd require that we'd have to gather up the various parts to use it, but it'd work and it'd be legal, no? Just a random thought. Obviously that would take more effort on your part just to appease us lazy bums who admire what you've done thus far. ;) Kep

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 6:16 PM

Yes, Kep it would be legal, but everyone would have cut the model up exactly the way I did. It's not really all that hard of a project to complete. 1.Download all the parts in the lists. 2.Bring in all the parts into your favorite 3D application and scale and assemble them there to the default Poser skeleton (import it too). 3.Divide the skeleton parts into body groups - and export them one at a time as an obj file. 4.Take UV Mapper and map each body group - save the model and your new map. 5.Import each part it into Poser one at a time, place re-scale it to the default Poser skeleton , add the map to the object in the materials section - save it as a prop. 6.After you have all your props saved. Open up and bring in the default Poser skeleton again. 7.Bring in and line up your new prop (you may have to fiddle a bit with each part) and replace the body part with your new prop under Menu >Object> "Replace body Part With Prop". Starting with the head and jaw move down the body, then arms, hands, legs, and feet. Bingo a new skeleton ...Child's play. :-)

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 7:06 PM

Ratteler the Cr2 file has the embed geometry needed for the skeleton it does not link to an out side object file. Re-distributing the CR2 with the embed geometry would be violating the copyrights of the individuals who created the original models. Please, do not but me in an awkward position on this, I would love to make this item available for the free stuff here at Renderosity - but I am sorry, I will not re-distribute this item. The only way I would do it is if I had it in writing (more like stone) from the authors who created the orginal models. With a little work and time any one has the means to create their own free skeleton and add it to their personal collections.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 7:20 PM

file_31061.jpg

Rodzilla I made a quick render of the shoulder... I think this is what you were talking about.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 7:44 PM

The problem is that depending upon specific operating system version and compression used, the zip file won't necessarily have the same CRC as the source, meaning that it's useless

TalmidBen ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 7:57 PM

It looks gorgeous. Don't forget the sutures on the skull.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 7:58 PM

Yes, I am very familiar with the Maz objection mover. But - I am not comfortable with the suggestion of re-distribution of other peoples work on ANY LEVEL. Unless, I have their expressed, and written permission to do so. :-) Please remember in creating the poser model the torso model has been modified greatly - it has been cut up into 4 different models - it is not the one and the same as the original, but yet it is (four parts for this reduced skeleton version instead of 50 or more in the original model - the same with the hands and feet).

E-Arkham ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 9:40 PM

7.Bring in and line up your new prop (you may have to fiddle a bit with each part) and replace the body part with your new prop under Menu >Object> "Replace body Part With Prop".<<< Ahhh, somehow I glazed over this part before. For some reason, I thought you were actually doing the entire thing as a gestalt obj and only using the Poser skeleton to line things up. I do have my blonde moments (despite not being blonde). ;) Once again I'll echo what a nice job you're doing. I do plan to give this a try; it's just a matter of finding the time to download and assemble. Kep

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 10:21 PM

Actually, the whole project makes a great tutorial. A good mid level project to learn object manipulation. You've done a great job, and when I find the time, I'm going to try it myself.

rodzilla ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 12:30 AM

file_31062.jpg

yup that's pretty close,allthough it should be more visable and "in contact" with the arm down...here's a xray pic i grabbed from google...apologies to whomever owns the copyright or the shoulder itself!

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 1:21 AM

Ack. There is Daz mesh in there. Looks like different people hacked up our SkeletonAV and redistributed as their own peices whole or in different formats. That stuff is rampant at 3Dcafe. The bottom of the shoulders have the same irregularities. Sorry. Looks cool though. Going back to check those links. Third party parts are never reliable. No way to be sure they are honest even if you are. :( Anton anton@daz3d.com

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 6:53 AM

Aton...If any these bone models at these third party sites I have listed are questionable or what is referred to as "not right" or "not correct" and is the soul property of Daz - I must apologize in advance for posting their addresses. I will end my Poseralopithecus skeleton posts as of right now to be on the safe side. Please would you inform us of the results of your inquiry at 3Dcafe.

E-Arkham ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 5:34 PM

Ugh, guess I won't be making one after all. Pity, I was finally getting myself worked up to fit it in with all the other half finished projects I'm working on. On the bright side, we know that a talented DAZ person is aware of our desires for a decent quality, cheaper skeleton. Hey, I can dream about the AV skeleton being put in Platinum, can't I? ;) Speaking of, I did some browsing for skeleton models in various formats. Found several extraordinarily beautiful ones, but they were medical grade and ran from five hundred up. It makes me wonder if modeling a quality skeleton from scratch is truly more work than creating a quality morph-laden character like Micheal. I'm just waxing, I suppose. Kep

pj-bear ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 10:11 PM

file_31063.jpg

The sutures in the human skull are not random, as you have drawn them.The details are quite variable, but they separate distinct bones that make up the skull, and so one could say they meander along distinct paths. Maybe you want to look at an anatomy book.

But maybe you don't intend the lines to be sutures, but indentations of veins or something. Your call.

I'll try to send a diagram that I pulled off the net.

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 3:59 PM

When I posted this image I had only spent about an hour or so on the texture. I realized the cracks were not proper (just stress cracks in the bones from time and wear). Since this time the model and texture has been remapped and reworked greatly from this first posting with the aid of a diagrams similar to yours from Peck's "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist" Some time when I finish it I will have re-post it again. Anyway... thanks, this should be a great help to others who are looking for accurate detailing for their skeleton.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.