Wed, Sep 18, 11:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need help with a decision...

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:10 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:10 PM

file_31138.jpg

I've worked on this pic for a while and feel ready to post it. Unfortunately I made two versions, and even though I like them both, they are so similar I don't want to post both to the galleries. I'm too close to them to choose, so I would like opinions from the Forum members as to which image might be better. So to keep things simple, you can tell me which is your choice, by using T for the top image and B for the bottom one. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome, but keep in mind that the full size pics are 1024 x 768, so they have more detail than you can see here. Not wanting to overexplain art, the idea here is that a painting is a magic window to another place and time, but in this instance, the painting lets us look at the same place we would see behind the painting, but at a different time of day. But the objects and their positions are the same in the painting as in the real world behind it. I did this for a surreal effect. I think it works OK. I guess I overexplained it anyway. :^) Also, I have 2 possible titles: "Synchronicity" or "The Illusion of Time". You can abbreviate these as S or I, to keep it simple Everyone's opinion is very welcome. Thanks! Tjohn

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:13 AM

And if anyone notices, the background is a scene I posted earlier, rerendered with the new objects so that the lighting would match the whole. Hey, waste not, want not. :^)

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:44 AM

I vote for the Top image, looks like it's close in time to the magic hour, when everything is more visually intense because of the light...=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

BlueArdor ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:51 AM

If you're gonna light up the lady at least show more butt. lol just joking... But as for personal preference I like the top one... perhaps because the wine glass seems to fit the scene better.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:52 AM

I second what Zhann said.

tuttle ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:56 AM

t

gregsin ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 9:00 AM

I also like the top image, it pulls me into the image while the bottom image pushes me out. Title "I".

Trouble ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 9:03 AM

T

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 9:07 AM

Top image.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

vasquez ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:10 AM

second one

Willowjune ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:20 AM

Very nice! I vote for the top image because the warm, glowing golden light is more appealing, so I like it better for the image that takes up most of the picture.

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:32 AM

I like the bottom one better because it portrays a "window" more than the top.

nuski ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:39 AM

Top image is my choice. It reminds me of some of Magritte's work.

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 11:01 AM

I like the top one better.

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 12:14 PM

b

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 1:59 PM

Thanks for the help everyone! So far the count stands at: Top pic=10 votes Bottom pic=3 votes Synchronicity=0 votes The Illusion of Time= one vote Thanks to all for taking the time to give me your opinions. Ill wait until tommorow, in case others want to participate. Then I'll tally the totals again and post to the galleries according to the majority opinion. Thank you! Tjohn PS to nuski: Rene Magritte is one of my favorites and created many paintings with frames and paintings within paintings. Several of my painting use this device. I have tried to only imitate his style without directly stealing from any of his images. He was one of the best. I sometimes wonder what he could have done with Bryce and Poser as tools.

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 3:19 PM

Defiantly the top image especially as the surf on the breaking waves look so good.

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 3:48 PM

i also like the top one slightly better, but they are both compelling. I rather like Illusion of Time as a name. Here's a further 'waste not want not' suggestion - do an animation of one picture converting into the other. Lin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 3:54 PM

Top. The color scheme of that pulls my eye into the frame where as the bottom one seems to push me out.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:56 PM

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 9:08 PM

TT likes Top.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 10:10 AM

If I were going to choose, the top one, but perhaps somewhere in between - where you just start to see skin color color would be best.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:46 PM

I prefer T and I.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:04 PM

Final count: Top=17 votes Bottom=3 votes Synchronicity=0 votes Illusion of Time=3 votes Ladies and Gentlemen I think we have clear winners here. I off now to upload "Illusion of Time". Thanks to all for their 2 cents worth! You guys are the best! Tjohn

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 6:48 PM

Any way you can post one and post the other one the next month? They both have different feels.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 6:49 PM

Ahh, too late to vote, but that's okay, I like the top one as well. The only thing I don't care for is the lady's outfit. The scene looks like somewhere on the Gulf of Naxos, say Taormina, and the only people who wear "thong-ish" bathing suits are fat rich guys. I think this would be more elegant if the lady were wearing a translucent sun dress.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.