Sat, Sep 21, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Files problem...

itsik_m_18 ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:11 AM ยท edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 4:46 PM

hi all (yes, its me again....) i have downloaded stuff from DAZ site and i cant use the files in side the ZIP file there r alots of rsr,cr2,jpg and obj files. my question is: Where to copy each one of them??? and how shuld i know where to put all the other files in the ZIP files i got (pp2 and more...) 10x

Questor ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:21 AM

Can't say I've ever had a zip file from Daz. Their stuff is usually in a self installing executable. Interesting. Oh well, all the files go into the same folders as other files like them. pp2 in Props cr2 in Characters jpg in Textures pz2 in Poses hd2 in Hands cm2 in Cameras fc2 in faces etc etc Good luck finding homes for the obj files, they could go anywhere. Ya see, all the daz models go into their own little Daz folders and it's a bit difficult to tell you where they should go. Perhaps if you contact Daz and ask them to exchange your zip files for their more normal executable install files you won't have to worry about it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :)

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:38 AM

If you open the cr2 in a text editor, you will see the path for the location of the obj file. It's near the top of the text in the file.

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:39 AM

file_31139.jpg

Here is guide to the file locations, prepared by the always helpful Dr Geep.

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:26 AM

Also, 99% of proffessional Poser ZIPS out there, like ones from the marketplace here or from DAZ, are zipped up with the directory structure intact... meaning that you simply unzip them with "Use folder names" intact, and it will automatically place the files where they are supposed to go. However, I thought DAZ used self-installing extractors now...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.