Sun, Oct 6, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Boots question

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 12:39 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

This may be a really stupid question, so please try to stifle your howls of derision. It's about those damn boots with Vicky's conforming clothing (packs 1 and 2) How on earth do I get the bloody boots to bend when I bend Vicky's leg? The shin part will bend nicely, but the boot tops go through the thighs.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Snoopy101 ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:01 PM

Did you try playing with the "inverse kinematics" toggle ? IK is sometimes playing tricks like that on me.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:26 PM

IK on or off makes no difference. I really need an answer to this, else the boots are damn useless.

My Store

My Gallery

Snoopy101 ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:46 PM

stupid question from my part: you DID parent the boots to Vicky, didn't you ?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:05 PM

Yeah, Snoop, I did. :) I figured out a way to use 'em - but IMO it's a reall ass-backward way. Make Vicky's feet and toes invisible, as usual with boots, then make the shins invisible, too. Don't bend Vicky's legs, bend the boots. Et voila! it works. Kinda. It just means that virtually all preset poses are useless, because the boots just won't stay stuck to the legs. Bugger.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.