Mon, Sep 9, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Quite OT but important (Mods, please leave it here)

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 10:29 PM ยท edited Mon, 12 August 2024 at 4:09 PM

The following link is a news piece on (yet another) security warning from MS. http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?type=3&cat=0541&id=021120221128388701 XP users are not bothered by this new problem. Come on Bill, 65 security warnings this year while Apple had 3. Is it any wonder people don't trust your .net idea or the passport you're trying to jam down users throats?

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Norbert ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 11:24 AM

That security flaw has been around since at least somtime in '98'. Wow... (yawn) Must be a biggie, eh? I mean, really... Nobody discovered an exploit to utilize this flaw, in over 4 years. Paranoid, I'm tellin' ya. Too many paranoid people. "3" is probably also the percentage of people who use the internet, and do it with an Apple computer. Opportunity knocks most, where the most opportunity is.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:19 PM

Well, If this is the respect I get it's the last time I give any you PeeCee heads any news or help as for your smart ass remark on macs - I won't lower myself to make a further comment except to say your facts are in error

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 10:24 PM

Attached Link: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business/DailyNews/SILICON_INSIGHTS_BAJARIN_020509.html

As of May, according to ABC News, MAc had 4% of the PC marketshare. This may well have gone up since then but almost certainly it is less than 10%. There's no denying that with that much larger a degree of exposure, more people are trying to find exploits in Windows than the Mac OS. Irregardless, use what works for you. The tone of your post sounds more like you were just trying to bash someone else's platform, not give "news or help."

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

spratman ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 9:09 AM

Nyaahhh nyahhh nyahhh I own a Mac. Havn't had a virus problem in ...hmmmmm... never.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:31 PM

"I own a Mac. Havn't had a virus problem in ...hmmmmm... never." Gee, neither have I. It does seem strange that despite their relatively small numbers, some Mac users spend an inordinate amount of time lecturing the rest of the world rather than simply being content to use their "superior" platform in peace. It really must be some kind of a religious thing and a very fundamentalist one at that. "It doesn't matter whether it's God or Jack Daniels, as long as it gets you to sleep at night." - Attributed to Frank Sinatra

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Pamola ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 6:26 PM

"It doesn't matter whether it's God or Jack Daniels, as long as it gets you to sleep at night." - Attributed to Frank Sinatra Very appropriate, and a perfect "CLOSE " for this thread I would think. peeg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.