Fri, Oct 4, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: November Challenge Entry - Heartland

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 3:44 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 7:48 PM

file_32791.jpg

Wow. This is my first entry in a challenge or contest *ever*. So I hope my image is not too bad. Where do broken hearts go? Or shattered epic romances? Well, they all go here, to the Heartland. It's an island with a portal to eternal bliss. The strangest thing happened to me while I was making this one. It was almost finished and then I remember the title of the challenge "Land of Fantasy", and a song started playing in my mind. It was the song from Earth, Wind and Fire, "Fantasy". I'm sure many of you know it. So as English is not my mother language and I didn't recall the lyrics, I looked for them. I was stunned when I realized that the lyrics went perfect with the image! So I'll place a portion of it for you to see. ______ Every man has a place, in his heart there's a space, and the world can't erase his fantasies Take a ride in the sky, on our ship fantasii all your dreams will come true, right away And we will live together, until the twelfth of never our voices will ring forever, as one Every thought is a dream, rushing by in a stream, bringing life to our kingdom of doing Take a ride in the sky, on our ship fantasii all your dreams will come true, miles away Come see victory, in the land called fantasy loving life, a new decree, bring your mind to everlasting liberty Our minds will explore together, old worlds, we conquer, forever we then, will expand love together, as one Come to see, victory in a land called fantasy, loving life, for you and me, to behold, to your soul is ecstasy You will find, other kind, that has been in search for you, many lives has brought you to recognize it's your life, now in review and as you stay for the play, fantasy, has in store for you, a glowing light will see you through It's your day, shining day, all your dreams come true As you glide, in your stride with the wind, as you fly away give a smile, from your lips, and say I am free, yes I'm free, now I'm on my way ___________ Thank you for letting me participate! Cheers, DreamWarrior

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 5:34 PM

Hey, you have the makings of one of those cartoon vacation post cards there! Great idea.

nuski ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 5:49 PM

Was there some purpose to the symmetry of the terrain in your image? . . . . Now tell me, is it my imagination or if you follow the perimeter of the rock outcrops. . . . .the shape of a heart is formed. . . . .Heartland it is!!!! Excellent imagery!

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 6:39 PM

Magical land, it does have a cartoon feel to it as mentioned; I like it a lot.

lsstrout ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 10:49 AM

It's a good image, thanks for entering and for adding the song lyrics. The do go perfectly. :) Lin

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 4:32 PM

Thank you all very very much for your comments! Nuski, yes. The terrain with the shape of a heart was on purpose. I'm so glad you noticed! I thought of doing a slightly more aerial shot so it was obvious, but I didn't like the results. I thought this was a combination that showed it in a subtle manner, yet capturing what I wanted. I wanted to give it a dreamy look, so that why it is soft and somehow blurred. Again thanks for the comments and I'm really glad you liked it! Hugs

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.