Mon, Oct 21, 9:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Amazing what strikes us...

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:03 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 10:16 PM

Every once in a while a new product or freebie comes out that really gets sucked up by the community. THe new house mouse is a case in point. It's a nice character, and can't be beat for $1.99. But it's eye's don't move, it has no real face poses, and it's not wasy to pose those cute little hands. I'm sure that if Anton knew how big a hit it'd be, he's have added more posing morphs and seperate eyes. But lets face it, who'd of expected a simple mouse to go over so big? The last time something hit this hard it was The Millenium Dragon. Rubio's Sarong was the big thing in Mike clothing, the Fantasy wrap for Vicky. Most of these are pretty simple as well as cheap. Maybe the model makers should take note of that. Am I forgetting something, or something older than a year? Amazing what comes to mind when you're trying to quit smoking....

aleks ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:16 AM

gorilla-frenzy some months ago :)

sparrowheart ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:57 AM

I just wish someone would make some clothing for the House Mouse! Your points are very well taken, pdxjims. It's hard to predict sometimes what seizes the imagination of the masses. I think people are under so much stress right now that seeing something sweet and loveable just lifts their spirits. I remember how I felt when I first saw the House Mouse. I wanted to reach out and hug him. It's good, you know, to get people feeling warm and happy again. Even if it's only for a short while, making funny pictures with a simple House Mouse. Thanks, Anton, for a lot of smiles. Kimberly

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:01 AM

I too succumbed to the House Mouse. I probably have a lot more fun creating the image then people do looking at it just because the art concept makes me giggle. Come on, it's a cute mouse. Maybe since Anton has such a hit on his hands he'll make and an advanced mouse pak as an add on. I'd sure purchase it. As for clothes, I'm in line if anyone creates them!

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:37 AM

Don't forget Renderosibee! Kimberly has it exactly right. It's MUCH better to have a frenzy of creative cuteness and warmth, than the usual Web-style frenzy of illiterate four-letter flaming, predictable insults and trite character assassination! Also, participants are always learning something whether they know it or not; making the car for the mouse was a basically pointless exercise, but I enjoyed it and learned a couple new Amapi tricks in the process.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Mosca ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:58 AM

So what're the common denominators? An item has to be cheap/free, perhaps different from the usual run of Vicky junk, perhaps evocative of certain types of scenes, warm and fuzzy a bonus? If DAZ had called it the hanta virus-bearing rodent, would people have gone as gaga?

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:07 PM

Sometimes the price doesn't paly a factor though. THe Millenium Dragon was Curio's Ragbash weren't cheap, but they generated a LOT of renders (I wuv my Raggy). I think it may be more that we're trying to get away from Vicky in the temple, and Mike in SciFi or Barbarian clothing. I keep seeing wishlists that have requests for more street scenes, more real clothing, and more lighthearted stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love all the stuff. But I want to do more real people, in real life settings, wearing real looking clothing. Of course, I do want a Hogwarts robe set for all the Millenium people, so I could be wrong (grin).

tonymouse ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:08 PM

Perhaps if we ask anton will do an upgrade pack for H. M. morphs and stuff, but better a set of modern and fantasy type clothes. If enough of us ask it might happen.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:12 PM

tony, that's a pretty good idea. Anton, Please? Huh? Pretty Please? With posable eyes? I'll pay more! Now, let's hope he reads this thread (grin).

sparrowheart ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:39 PM

Anton, please!!! (I think he reads a lot of threads in this forum and is always very helpful.) Great idea, tonymouse. Should we start a new thread that begins, ATTENTION ANTON? I think our collective Christmas list includes an expanded House Mouse with wardrobe. wishing on a star Ockham, thank you for your eloquent elabouration on what I was trying to say. It's so great that you made a mouse car!! Mosca, no, I think hanta virus-bearing rodent might not have been the best advertising ploy. LOLOLOL And pdxjims is right. Price does not really play into the equation so much, though I think that this time it really was a great bonus. Kimberly

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:04 PM

Don't forget Hatchie as a mesh that launched a thousand pics.

queri ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:25 PM

I'm trying to forget Hatchie. I think the House Mouse came at exactly the right time-- look at all the holiday renders. Anton mentioned other textures when he announced him-- I'd go for several textures, a hamster and squirrel morph, love squirrels, and a bunch of hats. Overalls would also be very cute. Emily

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:43 PM

I can't imagine that Anton and DAZ staff didn't anticipate the HM's popularity. Anything that adorable (and inexpensive) is bound to be a big hit. I agree that a posable face would be a big "plus," but with a little work you can take advantage of the hands and tail to make him very expressive. It seems evident that people want more animals, and it's no secret that mammals, especially the cute or domesticated ones, are bound to be very popular. I saw the HouseMouse as a possible response, at least in part, to desires expressed in these threads. When I saw him for the first time, I vowed to stop complaining about fairy wings. :-)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 2:41 PM

They were actually pleasantly surprised by it... personally, everyone's at a loss to explain why or how (shrug)... Incidentally, you'll have to pester Anton tomorrow, if not later - he should be on the way to the SLC airport right now, as I type this. /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 4:38 PM

I'd like to add a mouth to the House Mouse wishlist. Mimic is almost useless without a mouth. I'm working on some poseable eyes. The red glow-morph looks particularly convincing with rodents.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:06 PM

By the way, the hands are an easy fix. Just copy-and-paste the hands' Spread, Grasp, and Thumb Grasp channels from a donor's CR2 (Posette, for instance) to the House Mouse using a text editor, or use Morph Manager to perform the operation. If anyone wishes, I can post the modified CR2 in Free Stuff.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:08 PM

Ok, I tried Morph Manager but it does not work :-(. Please please, post the modified Cr2 in Free Stuff.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

bknoh ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:12 PM

Clothing! We need clothing! I need a little king outfit to make a Mouse King! Overalls would be priceless, too. Has anyone ever seen the 2 movies about Stuart Little? That is who this mouse reminds me off. Diane

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 8:08 PM

file_33037.jpg

All right, Puntomaus. It's in [ Free Stuff](http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Topsectionid=0&Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Form.Contrib=Little_Dragon).

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 1:06 AM

Thank you very much, Little Dragon :-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.