Thu, Sep 19, 8:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: There's Good News and EXTREMELY Bad News

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 6:52 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Attached Link: http://bat.server.ne.jp/index2.html

The good news: BAT Lab has a new download, FetishGear3 for Victoria!!! The bad news: Looks like it may be the very last one :-(

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 6:55 PM

Wow, that is bad news...I wonder what happened?? :( Pendy

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:10 PM

Via babelfish - Translation of text on download page; "Truly the selfishness, the latest clothes release lastly, it ends the offer contents of standing production ones. Past all day off you can point also the re-publication of the work and the release et cetera of the new system crop, for a while. It keeps continuing the research to the 3d which does not think of release and the technical support to the other creator until now in the same way. The (membership is) closed with December 1st." I'm guessing he's going to be tied up with other things?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:26 PM
Site Admin

Now if only we can find something that translates the babelfish translation...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:28 PM

I'm still getting a "members area closed" message... Scarab

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:41 PM

The translation sounds like someone either abused his bandwidth or misused his items and he feels he has to close. You should be able to download all of his previous items at least until the 1st (not totally sure though). Between trolls and people abusing free stuff, I'm losing my patience. : Thanks for the heads-up though Pablo. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:43 PM

Thieves were probably trying to sell his items in one of the 3D market sites, since they're good enough to pay for.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 7:45 PM

Damn, this a real blow to the Poser community. Bat Labs stuff is simply awesome and I would love to get a hold of the people/person that made him feel like he had to do this. I do hope he will make his awesome stuff at least for sale. I would be the first in line.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 8:03 PM

This is a global community and in all the world, there is a predictable percentage of bastards. They are always there, and will always be there. For every bastard that is whacked, another will take his, hers, or its place.

Bat Labs is not the only wonderful artist who has taken extreme offense at the inevitable few bastards that have abused his product and his site.

You can run, you can hide, but the bastards will always be there. Get used to it. Prepare for it.

But don't take it out on the rest of us.

Bat's free stuff is a whole lot more usable than most of the stuff I pay for.

Hint...hint.

Gordon

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 8:46 PM

file_33957.jpg

I've always been amazed at BatLab's generosity and well as many of the others who give away their high quality creations. This is a sad day that the actions of some dumb-ass can mess up our Poser Party. I think I'm gonna sick Grim on their rudy-poo-candy-ass!

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 8:59 PM

Bummer. One fascinating thing was visiting the 3d lab. Looks like he uses Metasequoia to model all that stuff.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 9:24 PM

file_33958.jpg

I was able to log in and make the download. Maybe because I joined awhile back. This is my first render using the outfit. I'm a little sad about using it though. Knowing that this is the last of it's kind. I'm grateful though for all of the things Bat did put out, before whatever it is that happened.

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 9:46 PM

Went there, got in and DLed the new outfit, but on the download page it says he's closing December 31st, rather than the 1st...hope it's not a typo. So, so sad to see yet another very talented soul driven to shut down :(

dlfurman ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 10:06 PM

Somebody please tell me it was NOT was BAT that released the KILLY outfit (the jumpsuit?) If it was then I'm going to join ol' GRIM and take dibs on whatever is left. I was eagerly waiting for the 16 day login ban to lift.... *^%&%#^%#^%$@#^%#^%#@#@@@!$!$@!#^$#^!!!!!!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 10:34 PM
Site Admin

Yep, the Killy Outfit's one of his.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

MoonRose ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 10:49 PM

i'm getting a 403 forbidden page when i click on the log in button :( i'll try later his work was some of the best free clothes around... sad to see it go

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 12:10 AM

Now if only we can find something that translates the babelfish translation... I think part of what it's choking on so badly is the Japanese syntax, so I'll give it a shot. Sounds like that the downloads are being taken down due to selfishness. After this, neither old downloads or the new stuff he was working on will be available. His attempts to stop abuse have failed and people just keep doing it without thinking about others or the consequences, so he gives up. I know he's had a lot of problems. Big one was bandwidth theft, which is why he went to a log-in site. Then someone posted their password on a message board (which earns them a Bonehead Award in my book, seeing as how it was a FREE SITE), which I think was the final straw. He may also have had problems with people claiming his work with his own, which I understand in Japanese culture is a SERIOUS personal insult as well as a professional one. (But if I'm wrong, this pathetic little American otaku will not take offense at being corrected.) Also, this is a bit awkward for me, but I feel I have to say it. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or insult anyone, but Huolong, you kind of provided me with a good example for this statement. I know you meant it to be complementary and reassuring, but your message has more of an air of demand and entitlement about it, which I think has a negative effect rather than a positive one on a freebie provider who's at the snapping point. Yes, there are bastards out there, but providers don't need to hear that they should just get over it and deal with it. They need to hear that there are greater number of people who appreciate them and their work and are grateful to them. Saying he's taken "extreme offense" minimalizes legitimate concerns he has. He very well may have been subjected to extremely offensive treatment. If he's gotten e-mails cursing him out and personally insulting him, I would not be surprised at all; he certainly wouldn't be the first freebie provider to be abused for their offerings. And "but don't take it out on the rest of us" is a good way to get a knee-jerk reaction of "Get bent". It shows more concern about yourself than him. No one is obligated to make freebies. He's not taking it out on anyone, he's just sick of getting bullshit in return for his generosity and he doesn't want any more of it. I think positive assurances of how much his work is enjoyed would be more helpful.

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 12:12 AM

Well, i too would gladly pay for his clothes! We are loosing the "Top Guns" of Modeling at an alarming rate! Bat, if you read this, then Many thanks for sharing your wonderful creations! God Speed on all future endeavors! Marco

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 12:41 AM

"...on the download page it says he's closing December 31st, rather than the 1st" I saw that, too - I think he's closing memberships on the 1st, and downloads on the 31st. ..Could be wrong, of course, but that's my best guess.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 1:17 AM

I still can't get in, haven't been able to for quite a while so I gave up on his stuff. Too bad it's nice stuffage. Marque

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 2:24 AM

Lovely. Can't say I blame him. Sigh. Happy trails and thanks for all the great models. They were interesting, to say the least :) Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:42 AM

I hate hearing news like this. His outfits were truly imaginative and expertly finished. people need to stop with the greedy leachy attitude and take a moment to understand what it means to give something to the community intstead, especially something that has obviously been created with most care and attention to quality. I am truly sorry for what has happened to him and hope he goes onto something better and more fulfilling.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:00 AM

I haven't been able to get members for some time now but when I checked today, there wasn't a log on button, just a free stuff button. I am truely going to miss this site. It is a shame that generosity leads to this. Good Luck in the near future, and Thank-You for what you gave. Tashar 59

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:17 AM

When I hear about some of the behaviour that Freestuff providers have to put up with, I am both amazed and furious. I remember reading, time and time again, about criticisms (not the constructive kind), complaints, demands, etc. Who raised these people??? I was raised to thank people for their generosity and honour them for their gifts...not try to find ways to abuse and exploit them. BAT, thank you for everything you gave us. You are one of the shining lights of Poser fashion. Your designs are innovative, exciting and beautifully crafted. I echo what many have said above -- each one was of professional quality and well worth paying for. That you gave them away for free only says to me that you are a very great and unselfish person. Though this is a sad day for all of us, I absolutely understand and support you in your decision. Enough is enough. Kimberly

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 7:03 AM

A very dark day in the Poser community indeed :o(. I've been a member for awhile and am infinitely sad to see the site go. But as a freebie provider myself, I understand where he's coming from. Freebies are a generous gift, not a "right", tho some may act as if it is. It's a shame for him to have been insulted. He made some of the best Poser models on the planet and was kind enough to give them away (which STILL astounds me). Thanks BAT for all the wonderful models. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Laurie

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 7:40 AM

Maybe he is taking everything down to re-do it so it can't be leached? Doesn't it show how nice this person is...doesn't just shut the site down, puts up a model for people to download before he shuts it down. I wish him well, whatever he decides to do. Marque

mikebruin ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:25 AM

That's very bad news indeed. Thats Mitch3D, Bat Lab..... A sign of things to come in our new digital age, I fear. A complete void of creative culture. Take the music industry for example...... I've actually seen individuals in this forum, attack in outrage, the right of an artist to restrict a freebie, followed quickly by discussion of how best to screw the artist concerned for having the audasity to assume he has control of his own creation. Unfortunately/fortunately, creative product can be restricted. Mine is so restricted for example, you'll never see it, hear it or read it. No matter what it's worth in cash. Mike

zorares ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:36 AM

BAT, there's nothing I can say but Thanks! Your work is the BEST! Best of luck! James

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 9:08 AM

Has anyone emailed him to ask if he would be willing to sell his models? I would be in line with more than a few others to buy. Not that I don't like the freebies but it would help pay for his site. I would but I don't know his culture well enough to know that I would not offend him, and that's the last thing I would want to do. Marque

hemi426 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 9:47 AM

BatLabs Stuff really was among the best clothing available for Poser. I tried to mail him last week if there would be a chance to get the Killy suit for Victoria from someone else, but I did not receive an answer yet. I really have to thank him for all his gorgeous stuff and wish him the best for the future facehugger

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 1:18 PM

I tried, but couldn't get in. I was a logged member, too. It really makes me angry to think that people take advantage of FREE stuff! Because of some greedy B*******s, the rest of us are losing out right and left. I hope they're proud of themselves. They're losing too, because now no-one can get anything. How clever is that? D-UH, you idiot(s),who or whatever you are!

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 5:07 AM

Is there anyone here who knows Japanese who can email him and express the support and good wishes of this community? I think it would be nice for him to know how much he is appreciated, and he can't read these pages in English.

scupper ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 11:52 AM

I'd like to second Phantast's sentiment. BAT Labs is an amazing source of generously free poserware. I'd certainly have paid for a number of his creations and hope that he continues to be part of the community in some manner. THANKS!

FlyByNight ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2002 at 11:48 AM

I'd also like to say thank you to BAT Labs, I have always loved that his free stuff works so beautifully every time and, like many of you, I would be happy to pay for any future creations. Gladly! I understand his frustration completely. I've had to remove over 50 of my tutorials because people were continually taking them and the files and posting the tutorials on their web site without so much as a by-your-leave. And they get very insulting when confronted about it, like it's their right to take anything just because it's offered on the web. After 3 years of dealing with thieves I've had enough and pulled all tutorials and put them on CD. My best wishes to BAT and a huge THANK YOU to him and all of the wonderful creators who give us such wonderful items they work so hard on for free. Bless you all!

FlyByNight

artnik ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2002 at 1:22 PM

I did manage to get in to Bat's site, for the fetish outfit, but there seems to be no more membership, period. The outfit is available til the 31st. After that, what happens is anybody's guess. I hope he reconsiders any decision to close up shop. We would miss him greatly, he's been such a consistent source of high quality items. His items ARE good enough to sell, and he's been generous enough to offer them with no cost. I certainly have to add my thanks to the chorus of appreciation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.