Sun, Oct 6, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: WIP - advice please

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:02 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:57 PM

file_34089.jpg

Egotistical ol' me has been working on a self portrait for a while, and I'm now at the stage where I'm quite happy with the results except for the hair. I'm using the old DAZ Long Curls, which is (let's be honest here) pants. I've tried transmapping it, faffing about with scale etc, but it still looks naff. Trouble is, it's the closest I've ever seen to me own barnet. Is there anything out there which looks like a better version of this hair? I don't care if I have to buy it, either - I just want some decent hair. TIA.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:25 PM

I think the Americans in the audience are going to require a translation... :) But have you tried "wave hair" from Kozaburo? Add it multiple time and it should give you both thickness and more more to faff about with :) later jb

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:35 PM

Hello...hello...hello! What's this then? Faffing? Naffing? in public. With a barnet, no less? I put me own cousin in the stinkng slammer for less than that... :) Wonder what Koz would say if you asked him for a barnet?

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:38 PM

file_34090.jpg

Try to do a search for " transcurls." The read me never had an e-mail. The name was Allereirauh. I had D/L it at animotions a long time ago. Check a few different sites. Sorry I can't help more. Tashar 59

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:40 PM

Wave hair looks pretty good but it ain't long enough. Scaling it in the Y makes the top bigger too and we then have a BeeGees moment. :) Not quite what I'm looking for. Quix - where do I contact Kozaburo?

My Store

My Gallery

Bladesmith ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:40 PM

Someone did a transmapped version of that hair, not perfect but looked alot better than the default. I'd say search freestuff, but they've screwed up freestuff and it's probobly gone now. Anyone know who did the transmapped curls, and if it is still available?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:42 PM

Thanks, too Tashar. :) A hunting we will go...

My Store

My Gallery

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 4:44 PM

Now don't tempt me... I was thinking. Have you thought of using SanFran or LA hair ? Not free, but probably a good value right now. Oh! btw, nice job on the face. Is it very close?

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:03 PM
SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:07 PM

Well, so far I have found a free version of the curly hair (Morph hair 2) with an interesting transmap, so I'll give that a whirl. I'll look into the other 2 hair models you mentioned, Quixote. Yep, the face is pretty close to me.

My Store

My Gallery

layingback ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:21 PM

trancurls? But close enough to find it. curltrans.zip is on Xena's site www.wicked-womyn.com under Tutorials > Using Trans Maps on P4 hair.

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:08 PM

http://home.wnm.net/~bgriff/allie/ You can get the transcurls (for the curls you are using) from the above link. They are by Alleriauh

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:29 PM

Thanks, everyone. The Morph hair 2 is looking reasonable at the moment; I haven't had chance to check out SF or LA hair yet. Jobcontrol - thanks, but the hair is too short and too curly.

My Store

My Gallery

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 10:06 PM

Stormrage- That is the one I was refering to. I thought the name in the read me was strange, glad you have the correct name and link. Thanks Tashar 59

jobcontrol ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 5:29 PM

file_34091.jpg

:) It's ok, Sam. I saw that and I remembered you asking for some long hair. BTW, I like it, when people "get a face" - as here on the net there are so many "faceless" souls. :-) Willy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.