Sat, Sep 21, 10:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: "Clothify" Hair object?

Thew ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 6:37 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

I was wondering if any P5 users have tried to turn a hair object into cloth? Is this possible?

I gave it a try with Vickie's flip hair. Starts out great for 7 frames or so of the simulation, hair drapes very naturally over shoulders, etc..., then locks. Would this work with a 'simpler' hair object - fewer verts?

Thanks

Velen ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 6:48 PM

Hi yes you can do this and it works good. But and a big But P5 cloth needs to keep moving once it reached the point it can no longer drape or it pokes through enough to stop it from moving it will drop out. so for a still fraim shot make the draping short enough that is move to the end of the fraims. or keep the charicter in motion through out the animation stoping only long enought for the hair to settle them move it again or it will stall. hope this helps Laters vel

TygerCub ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 5:31 AM

Valen, any images you can post for examples? I'd love to see the results of such a technique.

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 5:50 AM

Velen ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 8:45 AM

Hi TygerCub Ill put one together for you and post it in various steps for you so you can see what i meen. the tests i did on this i havent saved sorry :/ Laters Vel

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 10:49 AM

Please do.

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 11:05 AM

One thing to remember, some hair objects "fll apart" when clothified, because the various parts do not have welded vertices... they're not "attached" to each other in any way the program can recognize.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.