Wed, Sep 18, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Mayan jewels

RNKarenER ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2002 at 7:01 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:40 AM

I recently bought the Mayan jewels set from the RMP. Although they are installed correctly and show up under figures, they willl not apply to the character. I am using poser 4 with propack. Any thoughts on this? I already wrote the maker and it was suggested I write here.. thanks

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 10:22 AM

Not to flame you RNKarenER, but the maker told you to come here!?! For CUSTOMER support? We help out yes, but to shift their responsibility for basic customer support is not the purpose of this forum. I don't have the jewels (and probably never will), but are these smart props? I assume they're loading but not attaching to the character correctly. It could be they were smart propped to a different character than the one you're using. (It should mention it in the readme.) You might also make sure you've selected the character before applying it.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 11:12 AM

If this figure uses an external Wavefront OBJ file, it could be a case of the famous corrupt RSR problem. If this is the case the figure will not be visible in the document window at all. When Poser reads an obj for the first time it creates a corresponding rsr file in the same Geometries folder as obj, problem is that it sometimes creates a corrupt rsr. The solution is to delete (or rename) the rsr and let Poser build a new one. This is the rsr in the Geometries folder NOT the one in the Libraries folder.

Gini ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 8:37 AM

I presume you are on a PC---I'm on a Mac using Pro Pack and I've been having exactly the same problem with Cyber Vic 2, Amazon Princess( but only intermittantly,re-installing seems to sort it out for a while) as well as numerous freebie things . My "help!" e-mail to Darkworld was passed onto Daz who said that Macs with ProPack are picky about reading cr2 and pp2 files and over at Daz they use some kind of clean-up app on files for macs to sort that problem out when they make the installer. Some might slip through the net which is probably what I got. The fixed file they supplied me with worked fine. Supposedly PCs aren't as fussy but maybe its for a similar reason that your're having that problem ? I guess my telling you all this isn't exactly going to help you solve the problem but at least you know you're not alone : )

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.