Wed, Oct 9, 4:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: poser lightwave

seaturtle ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 2:15 AM

Will Lightwave7 see the tex maps you created for your Poser model when imported from Pro pack? I tried to doo it quick but the textures did not load! Anyone know of any good tutorials

sturkwurk ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:24 PM

Attached Link: Poser/Lightwave Tutorial

Curious Labs had a good tutorial on one of their lab reports. See link. The textures don't always seem to load for me and I end up tracking them down and applying them.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 8:12 PM

Most of the textures load for me but... 1). Poser uses multiply mode so it doesn't always look right in other apps. Use your surfaces panel in Lightwave and change the texture mode to additive. 2). Transmaps need to be inverted to work correctly in Lightwave. 3). Reflection maps are the ones I find that don't load. You could just reapply them in Lightwave or... You can change the surfaces completely in Lightwave as long as you don't rename (or remove) them. Therefore, you can eliminate the reflection maps completely and use a Lightwave-based reflective surface. It can sometimes be a real pain going through and adjusting the textures for Lightwave, but the end result is good!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

kurokuma ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 12:00 AM

I model all my stuff in Lightwave. I originally purchased Propack to help with a Lightwave project, and ended up converting my models to Poser format. It was too much a pain in the butt, trying to move poser stuff into Lightwave and have it work. I followed the tutorial, but it didn't work right for me. The textures were all wacked. I think the only testure that worked on figures was the main skin texture, but the eyes were Blind white orbs.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 1:08 AM

Oddly enough, look above, there's articles of TS and CL. Bummer that LW and CL aren't doing more with P5.

Lemurtek ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 1:19 AM

kurokuma- I don't have Poser Pro pack, but if your using the millenium figures, you'll probably have to change the Eyeballs material/surface to be transparent. Vicky and the other millenium figures (well, I assume the others, I only have Vicky) have a transparent outer eyeball shell, to add more realistic highlights, but this transparency might not carry over. Something to try anyway. Regards- Lemurtek

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 8:30 PM

Fwiw, I'm working with basic Poser figures. I haven't tried the Mil. Figures yet. I suspect I'll buy my first one when Vicki 3 is released. We'll see how she works then, with P4 and PPP and LW 6.5 - on a Mac.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.