Fri, Sep 20, 9:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Calgari and Curious Labs ?

Gary Price ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 10:31 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.caligari.com/News/PressReleases/2002dec.asp

Is this what all the hype is on TrueSpace 6.5 A Poser and TrueSpace partnership?

Rudolph_the_Reindeer ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 10:36 PM

Looks that way. Desperate times call for desperate measures in my opinion..!

zechs ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:17 PM

Damn looks like I may actually have to upgrade from TS 4.3 if they do make TS and poser a lot more compatible. as a partnership it would make a ton of sense. both programs have similar user bases, because of their price and ease of use. and unfortunately both programs (like Rodney Dangerfield) get no respect from folks who use more expensive (Though not always better) software. :)

zechs ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:18 PM

Also both programs have long lived bugs that seem to never go away. :)

Quoll ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 12:54 AM

Never mind that Lightwave, 3DS and C4D integration you used to know and love! Now you have the priveledge of purchasing yet another program you dont need!

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 12:58 AM

Too bad the TS interface is so horrible.

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 1:51 AM

The render engine of TS + a plugin tecnology (plugin series about FX and render effect .. ) and the POSER INTERFACE will be a cool mix !! cool way Steve ... ;-) Andygraph

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 1:57 AM

HEY CL !! ... have do you think about default NURBS character in poser 6 ? hehehe ;-)

martial ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 4:42 AM

It seems more marketing partnership than compatible softs.The list of feature don't list ,for example, that the poser format pz3 will be imported in Truespace

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 4:43 AM

From the link: "The joint marketing and partnership from Caligari and Curious Labs begins immediately offering users the award-winning Poser4 and trueSpace5.2 at attractively discounted prices..." eeerrrrmmmmmmmm, I think I'll keep with my stable Cinema 4D XL, and wait for Daz's new offering ;o) It would probably instil a lot more confidence in people, if CL actually stated that they would carry on supporting the applications in the future, that they supported in the past (Vue, Cinema, Max & Lightwave). Cheers Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

zechs ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 9:41 AM

sigh... EricofSD, One man's Horrible is another's intuitive. And no if you have a high end 3d soft like Lightwave or Maya, you wouldn't want to get TS. But for those who don't have money coming out their ass it's a quite cabable program. (except when it comes to character animation.) Does it have an awesome Renderer like Lightwave? no, but neither do any of the other big-name apps listed. :p From what I have seen of Max (admitedly a pretty old version) it had a WRETCHED interface, but again that's cuz I started out on Caligari 24 (the predessessor to truespace.) so If you learn on Max, Maya C4d...whatever it's gonna seem like the "Right" kind of interface.

MikeNTexas ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 11:06 PM

I say great. I have Poser 4 and trueSpace 6 now and have wished there was more integration now between them. I would love to see more intergration between the two. Like a Poser plugin for tS. There are things I have wanted to create for sometime. But Poser's render is just way too simple for what I want and character animation in trueSpace is too hard and no decent people at all. I just hope we can add some tS animation features to poser characters, like IK nails. That way we can finally do things like have figures hold onto moving objects or each others hands.

gstorme ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 3:07 AM

Announcements like this, well ICT business is full of it (everbody partners with everybody :). It does not mean anything as long as no products appear... Funny thing is that if Clint's free LUUV plugin (find it in the truespace forum here) was not available, TS would not work with Poser at all at this time. When do the plugins for 3DsMax or LightWave come? The were part of PPP and I would love them for P5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.